Registered
2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 170
2,114 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Is this just a coil isolator? Or is it some kind of seat/boot?
Yes it is.

Any more updates out there?
Nothing as of yet. The issue has only been reported by the one member so far.

I'll be getting it installed early next week, dealer quoted me $350 installation cost, of course if i need any parts placed like mounts, boots, etc will be more.
Ok great, let us know how everything turns out. That's a bit pricey IMHO, then again it is the dealership we're talking about.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
135 Posts
I'll be getting it installed early next week, dealer quoted me $350 installation cost, of course if i need any parts placed like mounts, boots, etc will be more.
Hey just little heads up I saw that you were in Durham. I'm not to far from you and I work at the dealer also. I'd definitely be willing to help out a fellow forum member. Pm if interested

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hey just little heads up I saw that you were in Durham. I'm not to far from you and I work at the dealer also. I'd definitely be willing to help out a fellow forum member. Pm if interested
Nice! With the savings you can get a rear sway bar and some stiff rings. This should tighten up your suspension with your shocks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice! With the savings you can get a rear sway bar and some stiff rings. This should tighten up your suspension with your shocks.

All be set with TruHart shock/strut installed, do have few other suspension mods already installed. But I do want stiff rings, that should make my car have alot better feel. You know I'm so lazy I bought https://www.jdmastar.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=214&search=1156&description=true for my K5OS 80 watt turn signall...smh. that's me

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Now that's awesome of you to offer to help Richard. :thumbsup:

Yep exactly, Richard just did the install on his own ride and is a Kia tech, so it should be a walk in the park for him.

All be set with TruHart shock/strut installed, do have few other suspension mods already installed. But I do want stiff rings, that should make my car have alot better feel. You know I'm so lazy I bought https://www.jdmastar.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=214&search=1156&description=true for my K5OS 80 watt turn signall...smh. that's me
Yeah the Stiff Ring Chassis Collars really does make a difference after being installed.

Haha that's pretty neat, please post in our 80 watt CREE LED forum thread about this after you install those if they work properly. ;)

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
After I replace the stock shocks/struts with these Truharts, what is the mileage expectancy of them?? (Another 60k??)
Negative, these are specifically designed to work with aftermarket lowering springs, which means that they would not wear out prematurely as a normal set of struts or shocks would if you had lowering springs installed on the vehicle.

With these being brand new to the market, it's tough to estimate how long they should last for before they start to wear out. However keep in mind that they do have a limited lifetime warranty on them which basically is covered more in depth here:

The limited lifetime warranty with this product covers any manufacturers defects for the lifetime of the product, on the originally installed vehicle.

It does not cover any parts that have been abused, modified, incorrectly installed, or used on any other application other than what the product was originally designed for.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Negative, these are specifically designed to work with aftermarket lowering springs, which means that they would not wear out prematurely as a normal set of struts or shocks would if you had lowering springs installed on the vehicle.

With these being brand new to the market, it's tough to estimate how long they should last for before they start to wear out. However keep in mind that they do have a limited lifetime warranty on them which basically is covered more in depth here:

The limited lifetime warranty with this product covers any manufacturers defects for the lifetime of the product, on the originally installed vehicle.

It does not cover any parts that have been abused, modified, incorrectly installed, or used on any other application other than what the product was originally designed for.
To your knowledge is there any other company that makes shocks/struts for the optima?? Tociko, Bilstein or other aftermarket companies??

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
To your knowledge is there any other company that makes shocks/struts for the optima?? Tociko, Bilstein or other aftermarket companies??
Neotech. Very expensive!!!
^^ Bingo!! ^^ The good news though is we have been working with one of our sponsored customers who is in Korea and is very good friends with the owners son of Neotech, and we soon will be offering US distribution of their products. Just been working on finalizing all of the specifics. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
135 Posts
Installed mkz341 or mikes truhart shocks/struts with his eibach springs that were already on his ride. I still used the insulator just to be safe and fixed a prior issue with one of the mounts. He was looking to get rid of some of the bounce he had with his prior setup on stock with around 100k on them. He was pretty satisfied with it when we did the test drive but hopefully he'll drop by and give a review of his own once he has driven on them after a bit. As far as my own setup I still love the ride and I did inspect them when I did my oil change today. There is a little bit of wear on the insulator installed however it's not enough that I feel it needs attention as of yet. I'll keep a eye on it but I'm still impressed overall especially for the price.

·
Registered
106 Posts
well, I drove few hours today to get my TruHart shock/strut installed. Sorry I can't compare them to coilovers since I never had coilovers before, I just know I didn't want coilovers. I had Eibach spring with stock shock/strut which ride was sloppy, bottom out alot, alot of bouncy feeling, leaning alot when cornering but again my car had 107,xxx miles. after installed I did notice nose dive was minimal, it firm things up. I notice especially when cornering, body lean was pretty much gone. Before I would expect my car to lean decent amount and my body felt it but after install that was gone. Of course there was some but I can take a corner with more confidence. Also on highway where you have dips, before i would feel my car bounce and bottom out sometimes, there still is bounce but it is very controlled and kept to minimal which make ride little more rough but I don't mind. But I do have strut bar, room bar, mid bar, rear sway bar with Eibach spring and now TruHart shock/strut, I'm 75% there. Was gonna go with Neotech but price & shipping wasn't worth it for me but i'm sure it's way better product all around. So far only few hours and 150 miles, i'm liking it alot. I did take few hard corners on my way home and I approve but what do i know. Richard did very good job and saved me alot of money, thank you Richard. Next part will be stiff ring.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
135 Posts
Why is the insulator needed?? I read the previous posts, but shouldnt Truhart look into fixing that issue??
I imagine they are. It's a really new product and as far as I know I'm the only one to report this issue. I just installed them on his car because I don't want him to have to drive back the distance for a 10$ part. So just to be safe I installed them. I can't say for sure wether or not it rubs on his car as it's no long in my possession.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2019 Stinger GT1
28,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Thanks for all the info...... i just placed my order!!! I think they will be exactly what i am looking for with my Megan springs!!
Thank you for placing your order with us on the site. I think so too!

Installed mkz341 or mikes truhart shocks/struts with his eibach springs that were already on his ride. I still used the insulator just to be safe and fixed a prior issue with one of the mounts. He was looking to get rid of some of the bounce he had with his prior setup on stock with around 100k on them. He was pretty satisfied with it when we did the test drive but hopefully he'll drop by and give a review of his own once he has driven on them after a bit. As far as my own setup I still love the ride and I did inspect them when I did my oil change today. There is a little bit of wear on the insulator installed however it's not enough that I feel it needs attention as of yet. I'll keep a eye on it but I'm still impressed overall especially for the price.
This is great, thanks for doing a follow up review on this.

well, I drove few hours today to get my TruHart shock/strut installed. Sorry I can't compare them to coilovers since I never had coilovers before, I just know I didn't want coilovers. I had Eibach spring with stock shock/strut which ride was sloppy, bottom out alot, alot of bouncy feeling, leaning alot when cornering but again my car had 107,xxx miles. after installed I did notice nose dive was minimal, it firm things up. I notice especially when cornering, body lean was pretty much gone. Before I would expect my car to lean decent amount and my body felt it but after install that was gone. Of course there was some but I can take a corner with more confidence. Also on highway where you have dips, before i would feel my car bounce and bottom out sometimes, there still is bounce but it is very controlled and kept to minimal which make ride little more rough but I don't mind. But I do have strut bar, room bar, mid bar, rear sway bar with Eibach spring and now TruHart shock/strut, I'm 75% there. Was gonna go with Neotech but price & shipping wasn't worth it for me but i'm sure it's way better product all around. So far only few hours and 150 miles, i'm liking it alot. I did take few hard corners on my way home and I approve but what do i know. Richard did very good job and saved me alot of money, thank you Richard. Next part will be stiff ring.
Thank you for your feedback as well. Please also do a review after you have had some time with these installed on your ride. Happy you are liking them so far though.

Why is the insulator needed?? I read the previous posts, but shouldnt Truhart look into fixing that issue??
We have not determined officially that the insulator is needed. Richard is the only customer so far to experience this. Which means it could have been something isolated to the set he received.

Regardless if it turns out to be a product issue, TruHart will make things right. However at this time this has not been confirmed to be an issue at all with anyone other than this one customer.

I imagine they are. It's a really new product and as far as I know I'm the only one to report this issue. I just installed them on his car because I don't want him to have to drive back the distance for a 10$ part. So just to be safe I installed them. I can't say for sure wether or not it rubs on his car as it's no long in my possession.
Exactly! After you posted those pics I had sent them over to them to review. They also have not received any complaints about this issue so far. However they are keeping a close eye on it to see if it in fact does become an issue.

that's what I'm shooting for also.. wanna stiffen up the whole **** thing...
:thumbsup:
[HR][/HR]
I just wanted to personally thank you all for your orders with us since this product was released on our site.

We sold 13 sets of these before the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale.

During the sale period, we sold a whopping 15 sets.

So again thank you all for your orders!

41 - 60 of 424 Posts