Kia Optima Forums banner

421 - 423 of 423 Posts

·
Registered
2012 GDI
91 Posts
I’m really sorry to see this happen. I can tell you that since this product has been available, this is the first I have ever seen of anything like this before. We have never had any other customer report issues with rust occurring, so it definitely is not a common occurrence.

I’m very confident that they will take care of this for you since you did report the issue earlier on while it was not affecting the quality of performance of the product.

Please let me know what happens and if I can assist in reaching out to them for you. However, as I mentioned, I’m confident they will take care of this for you.
Thank you. They did reach out. They are going to replace the shock under warranty. Great service there. However, as with most suspension items, it is advised to replace both sides. I requested to purchase the passenger side shock at my cost. They want $105 plus $20 shipping! -- note, that is 46% of purchase a completely new set from K5Optima store. I noted that it'd be more appropriate for a quarter of the cost of a set from them ($320), so around $80...and lump it into the shipping of the replacement part...crickets.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #422
Thank you. They did reach out. They are going to replace the shock under warranty. Great service there. However, as with most suspension items, it is advised to replace both sides. I requested to purchase the passenger side shock at my cost. They want $105 plus $20 shipping! -- note, that is 46% of purchase a completely new set from K5Optima store. I noted that it'd be more appropriate for a quarter of the cost of a set from them ($320), so around $80...and lump it into the shipping of the replacement part...crickets.
You’re welcome, and glad to hear that they are going to replace the shock for you under warranty. Unfortunately, I can’t comment on pricing that they are charging you to replace a part that is not damaged. I’m just happy that they are taking care of you at the end of the day.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
Looking for that lowered look but worried about sacrificing ride quality?

The TruHart Strut/Shock combo is the perfect option for your Optima!

Compatible with many different aftermarket lowering springs which allows you to choose whatever spring rate or lowering height you want

Get Your Set Today!

421 - 423 of 423 Posts