Kia Optima Forums banner

401 - 420 of 423 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Installed the TruHart shocks,struts, and springs today. Thanks again David @k5optima store always a pleasure. My previous setup was stock / Ark springs. This setup is much lower. Strangely enough my car sits much lower than my friends car. My friend has a Ex stock / D2 springs. Springs have same drop 1.6F / 1.5R. I'm not sure if my wheels are going to fit now. Back to the product. The ride is tight. Much better than the stock / Ark setup (spongy). No problem with rub with stock SXL wheels. Great product!

Stock wheels
18 / 7.5
225/45-18
et 45 (I think)

Debating on my aftermarket wheels
20 / 8.5
235/35-20
et 38
IMG_4839.jpg

IMG_4840.jpg

IMG_4828.jpg

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
Installed the TruHart shocks,struts, and springs today. Thanks again David @k5optima store always a pleasure. My previous setup was stock / Ark springs. This setup is much lower. Strangely enough my car sits much lower than my friends car. My friend has a Ex stock / D2 springs. Springs have same drop 1.6F / 1.5R. I'm not sure if my wheels are going to fit now. Back to the product. The ride is tight. Much better than the stock / Ark setup (spongy). No problem with rub with stock SXL wheels. Great product!

Stock wheels
18 / 7.5
225/45-18
et 45 (I think)

Debating on my aftermarket wheels
20 / 8.5
235/35-20
et 38
View attachment 220745

View attachment 220753

View attachment 220754
You are very welcome, and thank you for leaving the feedback and pics as well!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm getting clunking and squeaking up front! How the heck is the Truhart spring rubbing the Truhart perch? Design flaw? I had this issue with the ARK spring rubbing the OEM perch. So aggravated...The only fix is coil silencers. Truhart go back to the drawing board please. 2013 SXL.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
Are we going to see these for non hybrid 16-17 models?
Hopefully in the future they release them for the newer models. As of now, there is nothing in the works that I am aware of.

I'm getting clunking and squeaking up front! How the heck is the Truhart spring rubbing the Truhart perch? Design flaw? I had this issue with the ARK spring rubbing the OEM perch. So aggravated...The only fix is coil silencers. Truhart go back to the drawing board please. 2013 SXL.
How about reaching out to either us, or TruHart directly for assistance? No need to say things like "go back to the drawing board please" just because you are frustrated over needing to add a $3 part.

Simply check out post #39 in this post to see what is needed to correct the issue. (Never heard of "coil silencers" before)

The TruHart setup is designed to work with many different brands of lowering springs, and in some isolated situations, the $3 part from Kia is needed to address the issue.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Really dude I've bought plenty from you. Bad press must worry you. I will never purchase anything from you again. I'm so sick of online forums. I'll buy from eBay or Amazon. And yes they are cheaper and have same product. I bought the Truhart struts and springs and the hunt still has issues. I would understand if I mixed brands. I'm done. Cya.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #414
Really dude I've bought plenty from you.
Thank you very much for your past business with us, however, I'm not sure how that has to do with my response.

Bad press must worry you. I will never purchase anything from you again.
Not really, mentioning that "there is a design flaw and to take the product back to the drawing board", all because you had a single isolated issue, was not necessary, nor accurate information being posted about the product we are selling.

We do care about what the community reads regarding the products we are selling, especially if and when the wrong information is being posted.

It seems like you got upset with my response and lashed out because you didn't like what I had to say.

I'm so sick of online forums. I'll buy from eBay or Amazon. And yes they are cheaper and have same product.
Good luck with that! We all know how buying from eBay & Amazon always works out perfect and there are never any problems. Good thing to know that at least here on the forums, you have vendors who care about the customers and the community, and respond daily to issues when customers take the time to reach out and ask for assistance. We support this forum community and stand behind the products we sell. Whereas when ordering similar parts from eBay or Amazon, you're usually given a 14 day or 30 day return/warranty policy.

I'm done. Cya.
Sorry to see you leave!:peace:

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima LX
23 Posts
Hello...sorry to bother... Since you have installed the truhart, back then... How is your feeling and any issues with your suspension?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
4 Posts
Just curious has anyone ran the Truhart shocks/struts with H&R springs and a 19x8.5 wheel? Looking to buy this setup but I would like to see how it would look and if the fitment would rub. Thanks

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #418
Looking for that lowered look but worried about sacrificing ride quality?

The TruHart Strut/Shock combo is the perfect option for your Optima!

Compatible with many different aftermarket lowering springs which allows you to choose whatever spring rate or lowering height you want

Get Your Set Today!

·
Registered
2012 GDI
91 Posts
Beware...I got my TruHart suspension in the winter of 2016. Spring 2017 I noticed a decent amount of rust on the struts. I contacted TruHart and was told to " continue to monitor it and should you notice the rust increase you may choose to sand down the issue areas and recoat them with new paint. At the moment it appears the rust is just limited to the surface." This was only after 6,000 miles on them:

Well, it's proved that it was more than just "surface rust" as the end link weld failed over the weekend...I have contacted TruHart about the issue and filled a warranty claim. We'll see if they honor their lifetime warranty or if they'll claim "Normal wear and tear (at the opinion of Truhart) is not covered under warranty." I have only put on 30,000 miles on the set.

Here is the failed weld on the drivers side:

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #420
Beware...I got my TruHart suspension in the winter of 2016. Spring 2017 I noticed a decent amount of rust on the struts. I contacted TruHart and was told to " continue to monitor it and should you notice the rust increase you may choose to sand down the issue areas and recoat them with new paint. At the moment it appears the rust is just limited to the surface." This was only after 6,000 miles on them:

Well, it's proved that it was more than just "surface rust" as the end link weld failed over the weekend...I have contacted TruHart about the issue and filled a warranty claim. We'll see if they honor their lifetime warranty or if they'll claim "Normal wear and tear (at the opinion of Truhart) is not covered under warranty." I have only put on 30,000 miles on the set.

Here is the failed weld on the drivers side:

I’m really sorry to see this happen. I can tell you that since this product has been available, this is the first I have ever seen of anything like this before. We have never had any other customer report issues with rust occurring, so it definitely is not a common occurrence.

I’m very confident that they will take care of this for you since you did report the issue earlier on while it was not affecting the quality of performance of the product.

Please let me know what happens and if I can assist in reaching out to them for you. However, as I mentioned, I’m confident they will take care of this for you.

401 - 420 of 423 Posts