Kia Optima Forums banner

381 - 400 of 423 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
126 Posts
Apparently, depending on the tire manufacturer, a 235 can be as thick at the sidewall as a 245. But mine are not thick at all. But some tires like the Nexen are made with a thinner sidewall.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
126 Posts
and I was parked next to a stock SX yesterday and noticed my car was lower by at least a half inch or more. I think it looks cleaner that way as well. I will get a pic next time I see one and I can get next to it.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #383
Glad to hear that everyone is loving this product. After over a year and over 100 sets sold, I think we can all agree that this is definitely a successful product to have available for the community. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
821 Posts
Hi All - I'm about to purchase me a set of these and just wanted to check if anyone has any experience with their setup that is similar to mine. Im concerned that there will be rubbing with 20" wheels or scraping of the resonator with the ark exhaust. Does anyone have any of these mods with their hark setup? Please let me know!

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
163 Posts
Hi All - I'm about to purchase me a set of these and just wanted to check if anyone has any experience with their setup that is similar to mine. Im concerned that there will be rubbing with 20" wheels or scraping of the resonator with the ark exhaust. Does anyone have any of these mods with their hark setup? Please let me know!
Width and offset of the 20's?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yep I have coils currently and the front only rub very rarely on the high way. But I had the luxury of raising it up more until it was ok for daily driving. I'm worried with these being set height I'll pay all the money for them and to install for it to rub.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

For those that have 20s and this suspension what is he wheel gap like? 1 finger? 2?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
163 Posts
Yep I have coils currently and the front only rub very rarely on the high way. But I had the luxury of raising it up more until it was ok for daily driving. I'm worried with these being set height I'll pay all the money for them and to install for it to rub.

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

For those that have 20s and this suspension what is he wheel gap like? 1 finger? 2?
Do you have a idea on what you are dropped now with the coil overs from stock? Mine dropped about 1 3/8 with Eibach Springs and the Tru-Harts.
I am running 19x8.5 with 245/40 tires and I rubbed like crazy until I re-molded my fender liner with a heat gun and dremeled out part of the housing around the screw towards the front where the bumper meets fender. And my fenders are rolled too. If mine were 20's, I think I would have have left a couple fender liners on the hwy somewhere. As for the gap, about a finger is what I have.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Do you think the eibach springs sits lower than tru harts? Hmm I have no clue how much it is dropped cause I've changed the height probably 5-10 times since I got them 3 years ago. Right now I have a clear finger gap on the front meaning I can stick my finger through the gap horizontally easily.

Finally happy with my height with rarely any rub and now my front coil passenger side strut mount seems to be worn out so makes a lot of noise and I need to get these checked out since ark doesn't sell coils individually. :/

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
163 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Do you think the eibach springs sits lower than tru harts? Hmm I have no clue how much it is dropped cause I've changed the height probably 5-10 times since I got them 3 years ago. Right now I have a clear finger gap on the front meaning I can stick my finger through the gap horizontally easily.

Finally happy with my height with rarely any rub and now my front coil passenger side strut mount seems to be worn out so makes a lot of noise and I need to get these checked out since ark doesn't sell coils individually. :/
If you look here you can see what some people are running with 20's. Most are on 235 or even 225 tires though.
http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/8...wheel-tire-size-offset-combos-known-work.html

K5OS says tru hart springs will lower 1.6 in the front and 1.5 in the back, which is more than the Eibach springs I got. You have to keep in mind that the spring rate for lowering springs is a lot lower than the spring rate for coil overs. In other words, they are softer to give more of a stock ride feel. Which allows them to compress more than coil over springs. IMO, 20x8.5 with 38 offset with 245/40 will rub a ton with lowering springs. Someone else may chime in though and prove me otherwise. You should post this in the suspension thread. More people look there than here.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #394
Do you think the eibach springs sits lower than tru harts?
Are you asking if the Eibach springs sit lower in height than the TruHart springs? If so, then the answer is definitely no! The Eibach springs have the least possible drop of any lowering springs available on the market, and the TruHart lowering springs have the most drop height of any lowering springs on the market. They are complete opposites of each other in terms of drop height.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
163 Posts
Are you asking if the Eibach springs sit lower in height than the TruHart springs? If so, then the answer is definitely no! The Eibach springs have the least possible drop of any lowering springs available on the market, and the TruHart lowering springs have the most drop height of any lowering springs on the market. They are complete opposites of each other in terms of drop height.
What he said �� That's why IMO you would rub, a lot.

·
Registered
2013 Optima K5 SXL
345 Posts
This might be my favorite mod. These paired with Eibachs are perfect imo. The ride quality is great so far. Need to get an alignment asap and then I'll really be able to test them out. Any lower and I would've been unhappy. Thanks David for helping me make the right decision based on what I was looking for in ride height.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #397
This might be my favorite mod. These paired with Eibachs are perfect imo. The ride quality is great so far. Need to get an alignment asap and then I'll really be able to test them out. Any lower and I would've been unhappy. Thanks David for helping me make the right decision based on what I was looking for in ride height.

You're very welcome Mike, happy to hear you love the new setup. Once everything gets settled in, please post up some pics of the ride with these installed. :)

·
Registered
2013 Optima K5 SXL
345 Posts

You're very welcome Mike, happy to hear you love the new setup. Once everything gets settled in, please post up some pics of the ride with these installed.
Will do! Gonna take some nice pics all cleaned up with a good background. So far so good!

·
Registered
2012 Optima SX
150 Posts
These TruHarts are awesome. I previously had D2 coilovers for 2 years which I had a terrible experience with. The ride quality was really harsh and there were a lot of clunking and squeaking noises from day 1. After I installed the TruHarts I noticed a difference right away. The ride quality was very close to stock with no noises and almost no wheel gap with stock wheels. No issues scraping Ark exhaust on bumps but inclines need to be taken carefully. Thanks for all your help David!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #400
Will do! Gonna take some nice pics all cleaned up with a good background. So far so good!
Awesome, look forward to seeing them! :thumbsup:

These TruHarts are awesome. I previously had D2 coilovers for 2 years which I had a terrible experience with. The ride quality was really harsh and there were a lot of clunking and squeaking noises from day 1. After I installed the TruHarts I noticed a difference right away. The ride quality was very close to stock with no noises and almost no wheel gap with stock wheels. No issues scraping Ark exhaust on bumps but inclines need to be taken carefully. Thanks for all your help David!
Happy to hear you are enjoying them, and more importantly that you are not having any issue with scraping the exhaust!

You're very welcome my friend, thank you again for your business with us as well.

381 - 400 of 423 Posts