Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I actually got my TruHart shock/strut delivered 2 days ago...I'm just lazy and too busy to get it installed. I'll try to get it install probably early next week...let's hope. Anyone in RDU area wanna help me(or I try to help you since i don't work on my car smh) install lmk if not i'm going to dealer to get it installed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Nice! With the savings you can get a rear sway bar and some stiff rings. This should tighten up your suspension with your shocks.

All be set with TruHart shock/strut installed, do have few other suspension mods already installed. But I do want stiff rings, that should make my car have alot better feel. You know I'm so lazy I bought https://www.jdmastar.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=214&search=1156&description=true for my K5OS 80 watt turn signall...smh. that's me

·
Registered
106 Posts
well, I drove few hours today to get my TruHart shock/strut installed. Sorry I can't compare them to coilovers since I never had coilovers before, I just know I didn't want coilovers. I had Eibach spring with stock shock/strut which ride was sloppy, bottom out alot, alot of bouncy feeling, leaning alot when cornering but again my car had 107,xxx miles. after installed I did notice nose dive was minimal, it firm things up. I notice especially when cornering, body lean was pretty much gone. Before I would expect my car to lean decent amount and my body felt it but after install that was gone. Of course there was some but I can take a corner with more confidence. Also on highway where you have dips, before i would feel my car bounce and bottom out sometimes, there still is bounce but it is very controlled and kept to minimal which make ride little more rough but I don't mind. But I do have strut bar, room bar, mid bar, rear sway bar with Eibach spring and now TruHart shock/strut, I'm 75% there. Was gonna go with Neotech but price & shipping wasn't worth it for me but i'm sure it's way better product all around. So far only few hours and 150 miles, i'm liking it alot. I did take few hard corners on my way home and I approve but what do i know. Richard did very good job and saved me alot of money, thank you Richard. Next part will be stiff ring.

·
Registered
106 Posts
minor update on my ride. Still happy with firmer feel of my ride. it is sportier, firmer and leans alot less but does that mean it handles better? who knows but i like to think so. I passed 3,000 eco points on my way to Asheville. I have to say my wandering feel of my steer is minimized, this was my biggest complaint. I put few thousand miles on the TruHart shock/strut and feeling is very minimal. Hope it doesn't come back. one more thing, i noticed my ABS, ECS light came on and right after low tire pressure light started blinking. I'm guess it's VSS from the research. I turned my car off and turned on and it was gone so I drove home with no problem. :meh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts