Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 423 Posts

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
29,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

Is proud to bring to the Optima community:

TruHart Kia Optima/Hyundai Sonata Sport Shocks/Struts Combo

(BUY NOW)

Description:

When you install a set of lowering springs on your Optima or Sonata, the OEM factory shocks & struts take much more abuse then normal.
This is due to the fact that your OEM struts & shocks are not really designed to work with aftermarket lowering springs.
With this TruHart suspension kit, you won't have to worry about your shocks and struts prematurely wearing out.
This kit is specifically designed to work with vehicles that have lowering springs installed on them.
Included in the kit are (2) Struts and (2) Shocks and a TruHart Limited Lifetime Warranty.
This product includes FREE SHIPPING anywhere in the continental USA.

Vehicle Applications:

2011-2019 Kia Optima (All models)
2011-2018 Hyundai Sonata (All models)

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
250 Posts
Finally an Eibach solution !

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
68 Posts
The majority opinion has been that coils are better than springs due to the wear on the OEM shocks/struts with springs, bottoming out, etc. Does this change now with these? Will a TruHart/spring combo perform just as well as coilovers for half the price?

·
03/2015 ROTM
2013 Duh EX
2,120 Posts
The majority opinion has been that coils are better than springs due to the wear on the OEM shocks/struts with springs, bottoming out, etc. Does this change now with these? Will a TruHart/spring combo perform just as well as coilovers for half the price?
Not sure but.....Designed with short strokes so they perform better and have more travel which allows for them to be more durable when installed on a lowered ride

·
Registered
2015 Optima
491 Posts
As I just installed my springs I may be interested in this so I can possibly save my stock suspension before it's too late. But I wonder how these preform with the varying springs on the market, different compression rates, drop heights, etc..

Seeing as d2 collaborated on these it might make sense that the d2 springs would be the best fit, I guess time will tell. I wonder how they would do on my eibach springs.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,500 Posts
Awesome find David! :)
So these plus aftermarket lowering springs versus coilovers. I know coils offer ride height adjustability but other than that fact, why would you ever purchase coils now?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
135 Posts
Truhart offers a lowering spring also. I don't know much about them but all I've read is good. I'm wondering if david can get the springs also. If that was the case I'd do both instead of a coilover system

·
Registered
107 Posts
well I order mine this morning so we'll see. Eibach spring with stock strut/shock with 107,000...about time to change.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
do I smell package deals!! :D
Yes sir, already updated the product page since everyone posted here today. Check it out. ;)

$229.50 free shipping anywhere in the U.S lol. Man if my car was drop then I'll be all over this lol, great price David.
Thank you Joe. I agree this is a great price and product for those not wanting to damage their OEM components when running lowering springs.

ohhhhhh my
Finally an Eibach solution !
:cool: Yep exactly!! :thumbsup:

This is absolutely correct. Before now, you would either have to go with coilovers, or suffer ruining the OEM components prematurely. We've gone ahead and added the optional spring add on to the page.

Not sure but.....Designed with short strokes so they perform better and have more travel which allows for them to be more durable when installed on a lowered ride
Yes correct!

As I just installed my springs I may be interested in this so I can possibly save my stock suspension before it's too late. But I wonder how these preform with the varying springs on the market, different compression rates, drop heights, etc..

Seeing as d2 collaborated on these it might make sense that the d2 springs would be the best fit, I guess time will tell. I wonder how they would do on my eibach springs.
I think these are designed to work on any aftermarket lowering spring we sell on the site. Personally I believe that the D2 springs may be a bit better quality then the TruHart brand, however we are offering both of them now on our site so the customer can choose what they like best.

Awesome find David! :)
So these plus aftermarket lowering springs versus coilovers. I know coils offer ride height adjustability but other than that fact, why would you ever purchase coils now?
Thanks Jason. Yes this is the same logic we're thinking too and why we think this is going to be amazing selling product. As of typing this right now, we have already sold 4 sets in the last 12 hours it's been up on the site. For all of the customers out there who do not care to adjust the ride height with coilovers, this is going to be a great inexpensive alternative. :D

Truhart offers a lowering spring also. I don't know much about them but all I've read is good. I'm wondering if david can get the springs also. If that was the case I'd do both instead of a coilover system
Done and done sir. Please take a look back on the product page.

well I order mine this morning so we'll see. Eibach spring with stock strut/shock with 107,000...about time to change.
Thank you for your order with us on the site. Please report back to this thread with your experience after installation.

Following
Well bust out the popcorn, this should turn out to be a great product.

I'm anxious to find out his experiences as well..
As are we! For any members who order these, please post in this thread to let others know your experience.

·
Registered
2015 Optima
491 Posts
Just checked out the store site.. 1.6 in the front, 1.5 in the rear (if you go w the spring addon) that's the lowest drop on springs yet isn't it?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just checked out the store site.. 1.6 in the front, 1.5 in the rear (if you go w the spring addon) that's the lowest drop on springs yet isn't it?
Yes that is correct. These are the same as the D2 springs when it comes to the drop height.

These are the best option for those wanting the most drop from lowering springs but not wanting to got to coilovers.

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,500 Posts
you had the original stock shocks and struts and lowering springs at that mileage? If so, wow, I'm impressed. Our cars call for new struts and shocks at 100K and that's with OEM springs! #impressed!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
29,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Any deal if I get it with eibach?
Yeah we can always offer a discount on package deals. If you sent an email we will be getting back to you shortly.

you had the original stock shocks and struts and lowering springs at that mileage? If so, wow, I'm impressed. Our cars call for new struts and shocks at 100K and that's with OEM springs! #impressed!
Wow that is pretty impressive.
[HR][/HR]
We have confirmed that the TruHart Shocks/Struts are compatible on all brands of lowering springs for the Optima & Sonata! :grin:

1 - 20 of 423 Posts