Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Kia optima the engine was replaced eight months ago under the recall and I’ve got 7000 miles on it since then I have service at transmission

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry the post didn’t come all the way out but the transmission is hard shifting up and down intermittently and I’m taking it to the dealer cannot duplicate and no check engine light

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
350 Posts
The standard approach is to do a drain/fill (DIY possible) or a flush (take to shop) if no CEL present. Flushes have helped many folks with shift issues. Luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When they replace the engine they service the transmission at the same time so that’s only got 7000 miles on it and it’s very intermittent

·
Registered
2016 Optima SXL
143 Posts
Does anybody have the drain/refill procedure for the tranny? That's for a 2016 SX-L 6-sp auto, which I assume is the same tranny even for the 2.4L NA engines, but not sure. I'm afraid car would have to be raised leveled, but hopefully no need to have front wheels on the air to rotate with engine on and in gear. I don't need to do it right now on the Optima (31K miles; almost 4 years old), but have to on my daughter's 2013 Accent. Will have to find a forum for that car, and request the procedure. Car is never abused, but it gets pretty hot here in TX, and not sure if it'd be wise to wait until 60K miles or not. What do you guys think? Thx.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts