Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to get traffic info included with KIA navigation without using Sirius XM?

I don't know if there is another method/website that incorporates the traffic color coding when you are using navigation.
Many of you guys seem more tech savvy than I am so maybe you have some suggestions?

I don't want to subscribe to Sirius because they constantly barrage you with requests for extending once your term is over.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,293 Posts
I haven't heard of a way to do that.

However, every so often, Sirius will automatically add traffic info for a free demo period. I've seen this each year for the past seven years of ownership.

What I learned is that the Sirius traffic info is slow to update, so often times it would show green when the road had already changed to yellow or even red. This made me realize that the Sirius traffic info is not worth it, because it's misleading.

Using Google navigation was much more up to date, or many other navigation services that have near-real-time traffic info.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,165 Posts
Although not as robust as SXM Traffic, doesn't HD Radio include traffic data...at least that part of the data where it shows color-coded traffic road info? I know that the UVO Navigation allows you to select either HD Radio or SXM when it comes to the map displaying color-coded road traffic congestion...although TBH I don't know if OP's nav radio also includes the HD Radio tuner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts