Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a spirited ride testing my new jb4, I went home for a bit before I had to leave again. When I got to my car, I started it and noticed the traction light came on. Not the one that indicates if it's off, the other one on the left . The one that comes on when tires spin.
I shut the car off and back on again and after a few seconds it gave ma on.
Could this be a faulty speed sensor? Or maybe dirty. I disconnected the battery to erase the light and remove it from the memory and plugged the battery back in. Went for a 2 min drive and it hasn't come on. Anyone with the same problem?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,780 Posts
Yes, normally a wheel sensor, but as it now remains off, hopefully it won't come on again. If it continues to come on, best to have the system scanned to see which sensor/wiring is causing the problem.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unplugged the battery and so far after driving for 1hr it hasn't come back.

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Happened again today. Turned the car off and the light stayed off.
I happen to look at the dashboard when this happened and the it flickered for a split second and that's when the traction light came on . Not flashing....solid.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
2,780 Posts
Guess it's got to be scanned to see where the problem might be as it could be a wheel sensor.
Many years ago the brake light switch also caused the ESC to light, but it also caused problems with trying to get the trans out of park along with a problem with the cruise control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts