1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Optima
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 Kia optima
mileage 63k
I got new wheels, I was wondering if I can just use Swap tpms from my old wheel.
The local tire shop wanted $100 to swap those sensors. Since I gonna am swap do they have to reregister the sensors or it's just plug and play? they do not have machine for anything. they will just swap physically, that's all.
if that gonna work please let me know.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
178 Posts
2019 Kia optima
mileage 63k
I got new wheels, I was wondering if I can just use Swap tpms from my old wheel.
The local tire shop wanted $100 to swap those sensors. Since I gonna am swap do they have to reregister the sensors or it's just plug and play? they do not have machine for anything. they will just swap physically, that's all.
if that gonna work please let me know.
Thanks.
The sensors are already learned so you just wrench them off and wrench them on. The only time you need to relearn is if you can see which one is at which corner of the vehicle like some vehicles but not mine at least.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Optima
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sensors are already learned so you just wrench them off and wrench them on. The only time you need to relearn is if you can see which one is at which corner of the vehicle like some vehicles but not mine at least.
I rotate my tire before it’s automatically figured out the rotation and give me the accurate side tire pressure. I’ll just swap them for $100. Thank you

·
Registered
2019 Kia Optima
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If anyone wondering or for future purpose. I just swap them and it's working. Didn't come any light .
We just swap them no computer needed. Take out from old and put in the new wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts