Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, first post here. Just picked up a 2013 with 294K miles-hope i don't regret it. It is really clean and just had the factory replacement engine procedure. You would never know this car has that many miles. Have a couple issues, but the main one is the touch screen not responding correctly to inputs. Multiple touches, having to find the "sweet spot" of where it works, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions on a fix?? Would just like to get it up and running properly. Thank you

·
Registered
484 Posts
Hello All, first post here. Just picked up a 2013 with 294K miles-hope i don't regret it. It is really clean and just had the factory replacement engine procedure. You would never know this car has that many miles. Have a couple issues, but the main one is the touch screen not responding correctly to inputs. Multiple touches, having to find the "sweet spot" of where it works, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions on a fix?? Would just like to get it up and running properly. Thank you
I haven't been able to find anything that helps even after calibrating it. I hardly ever have to use the touchscreen so it's not really an issue for me.

This may help you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't been able to find anything that helps even after calibrating it. I hardly ever have to use the touchscreen so it's not really an issue for me.

This may help you.
Thank you!

·
Registered
13 Ebony SXL Turbo Touring & Tech Pkgs: Original Everything 195K Drag wheels
440 Posts
They fail often - mine was replaced twice at 70 & 130k. Works now but like others said, I don't even use it.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
565 Posts
First things first: CLEAN YOUR SCREEN. Seriously. Use 91% Isopropyl Alcohol to thoroughly remove any and all oils from the screen, using a shop towel, or microfiber cloth.

Then, coat the screen with a hydrophobic finish, like HydroSilex, or similar. This will improve touchscreen performance immensely, and works on phones and tablets as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First things first: CLEAN YOUR SCREEN. Seriously. Use 91% Isopropyl Alcohol to thoroughly remove any and all oils from the screen, using a shop towel, or microfiber cloth.

Then, coat the screen with a hydrophobic finish, like HydroSilex, or similar. This will improve touchscreen performance immensely, and works on phones and tablets as well.
Never considered this!! Will try it and report back. Thanks!

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,596 Posts
Be careful, the car's touchscreen is very different than a phone's. You'll want to make sure whatever products you use on the screen are compatible with the older style soft/flexible resistive touch screen, unlike the glass capacitive phone/tablet screens.

I think the soft resistive touch screens are much more delicate and susceptible to damage. Probably best to only do what the owner's manual says regarding cleaning the car's touch screen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.