Kia Optima Forums banner

501 - 518 of 518 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,145 Posts
Maybe the problem is that, like anti-lock brakes, traction control just feels weird when it engages.

So for some people, maybe it's better to have the car feel good, even if that means sliding or slipping around.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
586 Posts
At my last Wiper-replace effort I returned the 1st pair because they were grabbing the window glass, fluttering, and making a noise in rain.
Pd more for some Michelins and lo & behold (months later) the bottom half of the wipers started grabbing/fluttering, too.
Finally put some Vinylex (protect/conditions) on the rubber blades and No Grabbing; Months later repeat Flutter, Repeat Vinylex.
Never had issue prior but That is my current Fix.

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,137 Posts
Hmmm wonder if part of the problem may be the windshield glass is no longer near-perfectly smooth--e.g., microscopic pitting of accumulation of crud/contaminants on the glass surface.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok, this may have been discussed before. Today while blasting the air I had a call come in. When I answered it, the fan speed decreased to make the call easier to hear. It picked up right after the call ended.

Neat!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Since both your EX and SXL have NAV, was the EX climate set on Auto when the phone call came in? I have a '12 SX w/NAV, but I don't think I have ever gotten a call when the blower speed was high.

My car and iPhone 4s pair correctly less than half the time, so my chances are slim on when I would notice this...
I can't recall if the climate was on auto, but more often than not it is. I'll test it out.

Also, when I put the car into reverse the audio volume deceases.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Speaking of glove boxes.......did not look it up or nothing yet. What is that circle thing that twists open and close on back of box
I know this is old post but the button in the glove box is to insert key fob if battery in it is dead and won't "talk" to the car. Just insert fob till it clicks. The circle in the box is for the ac to blow into the box for a beverage cooler. Both are in the manual tho.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I know this is old post but the button in the glove box is to insert key fob if battery in it is dead and won't "talk" to the car. Just insert fob till it clicks. The circle in the box is for the ac to blow into the box for a beverage cooler. Both are in the manual tho.
Thank you for the info, I guess a person learns something new every day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interesting, I will have to try this now that I figured out there is a button on the back trunk hatch as well.

Also not really a trick but at night if you approach the car with the smart key, the interior lights come on as you get close. Neato gang

This one is for snicks and grins: Skinny pedal makes it go!!!!! Fat one makes it stop! :p
This option is optional, you can change it by holding the "I think" mode button and shuffling through. I think it's called Vehicle approach?

·
Registered
2018 Kia Optima
1,137 Posts
You can open trunk, without the button....behind driver's seat back seat...shelf...there is a button as well as pull switch...inside trunk.
Doesn't work on later-gen Optimas as they lack this button in the back shelf area. As for the pull switch inside the trunk--how do you propose getting to it if you can't open the trunk via the usual means to begin with? "Pull down the rear seats", you'll say? Sure that would allow you to access the pull handle in order to then be able to pop the trunk lid, except for the fact that the rear seat release handles are inside the trunk compartment as well.

·
Registered
359 Posts
for key FOB user, specifically mine is 2012, i dont know if this is already here, but if you started the engine while still in the garage warming up the engine, forgot something inside the house, leave your key FOB inside the car, take out the physical key with you, roll down the window, lock the door using the door lock switch above the window switch, and pull up the window (all the way up since its auto). grab something in the house, go back to your car and unlock the door using the physical key. engine still running, even better with AC on, you get the cool breeze when you enter the car.

501 - 518 of 518 Posts