Kia Optima Forums banner

441 - 460 of 493 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
No worries, I'm planning on picking up a spare tire kit anyway, I'll be sure to get a tow hook when I do. Just like the spare, I hope I never need it but it seems irresponsible to know I may need it, don't have it, and don't try to get it. I mean the roadside assistance tech can fix or replace the tire, but with the underbody tray it'll be difficult to pull it forward without a hook. Some tow operators may have their own, out here in the boonies that's somewhat unlikely.
The thread size/pitch would be nice to know. No hurry, just seems like good information to have in the thread for DIY or custom tow hook purposes. ;)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Well I'll be...don't I feel like a moron. The removable front tow hook is in a pouch on the front flap of the " Tire Mobility Kit ". I took the pump and slime container out of the case, but somehow didn't notice the weight in the flap. So that's sorted (I still think the manual could be more specific).

The threads seem to be 19mm x 2.5mm, btw. :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey guys does anyone know if their doors lock automatically ater a short period of time. I was standing outside my car when it was unlocked and after a few minutes the doors locked by themselves. I thought the girlfriend was playing around with me so i tried again. They locked bythemselves again. She swears she wasnt playing with me but im still not sure what to believe.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,093 Posts
Hey guys does anyone know if their doors lock automatically ater a short period of time. I was standing outside my car when it was unlocked and after a few minutes the doors locked by themselves. I thought the girlfriend was playing around with me so i tried again. They locked bythemselves again. She swears she wasnt playing with me but im still not sure what to believe.
Yes if you unlock your doors, but the drivers door is not opened up, after about 30 seconds, they relock again.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah I think if you go up to your car and unlock it but never open the door, the car locks back after a few seconds. Probably a security feature.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Yes if you unlock your doors, but the drivers door is not opened up, after about 30 seconds, they relock again.
Ahh beat me to it! lol

·
Registered
188 Posts
That threw me off, too. Unlocked the car, attended to some other task, then couldn't open the trunk from the outside. Still had the fob in my pocket, so no big deal, just kind of confusing.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I keep forgetting to post this. I don't know if it has been posted before. I'm not about to read through 447 posts... :p

With navigation on my 2011 SX. If you hold the "skip" button on the steering wheel ,until it beeps, it will seek to the next station. If you just press it quickly it will go to the next preset as you all know.

Try it out!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks....didnt know that!!

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

Well that's a -1 for my salesman lol
LMFAO!!!! ^^^^^^^^^ Nice One!!!

---------- Post added at 07:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 AM ----------

There is a small difference between unlocking and opening..................
LMAO ^^^^^ love this guy!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I know the auto hold feature has been discussed before but tonight the light bulb finally went off. Just figured out that pressing the gas will disengage it without needing to put foot on brake and turn off auto hold. Guess that's what I get for not reading all features in the manual.

This makes the feature that much more enjoyable. Now I can rest my weary right foot at every red light without having to toggle the button. DUH!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just bought a 2015 Optima LX last weekend so I'm new here. I read through most of these pages but didn't see anything on the cruise control. Is there a way to lock the cruise control light on? I'm not going to lie, I abuse cruise control whenever I'm above 35 MPH and like to sit back and chill but every time I drive the car, I have to turn cruise control back on. In my last car (Civic), the cruise control was a button on the dash and just always stayed pressed in but now its on the steering wheel and lights up 'CRUISE' on the dash.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,093 Posts
Just bought a 2015 Optima LX last weekend so I'm new here. I read through most of these pages but didn't see anything on the cruise control. Is there a way to lock the cruise control light on? I'm not going to lie, I abuse cruise control whenever I'm above 35 MPH and like to sit back and chill but every time I drive the car, I have to turn cruise control back on. In my last car (Civic), the cruise control was a button on the dash and just always stayed pressed in but now its on the steering wheel and lights up 'CRUISE' on the dash.
Welcome to the forum community. Glad to have you on board with us here. Unfortunately there is no way to do this. Several members have brought it up over the years how other vehicles have a toggle button that allows the function to remain on till switched off. Unfortunately with the Optima, that is not an option.

If there are any other questions you have, don't hesitate to ask.

David

·
Registered
87 Posts
Never noticed this before--maybe you have. We've had some foggy mornings here lately and the automatic lights always come on before I back out of the garage--but in places where the fog is very light, the lights go off. I keep a dark piece of paper handy to put over the light sensor to keep them on (yes, I'm too lazy to turn the switch--also I'm absent-minded enough to leave them on all day and run the battery down) and that's when I noticed it. The car knows when it's really dark out and just twilight. The dash lights are very bright at dusk and in the fog, but dim noticeably when it's really dark outside. I noticed it when I put the paper over the sensor. Smart car!

I've put 12000+ miles on it in less than 5 months and continue to be impressed. Only the gas mileage is disappointing--I was hoping for 28+ on a constant basis, but it's more like 26-27. That's still twice what my truck would be getting on the road and I'm simply not going to put that many miles on my GT 500!

·
04/2014 ROTM
3,611 Posts
I keep a dark piece of paper handy to put over the light sensor to keep them on (yes, I'm too lazy to turn the switch--also I'm absent-minded enough to leave them on all day and run the battery down) and that's when I noticed it.
You can leave them in the "On" position and they will turn off automatically 30 seconds after turning the car off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Starting your Kia Optima when it's cold outside, driving from a cold start, about two blocks, your heater will then blow warm air?? All of my past cars/trucks, you had to drive at least 4/5 miles before the heater would blow warm air. Nice, Nice!!! Is this a new heating feature that Kia has added??

·
Registered
546 Posts
Welcome to the forum community. Glad to have you on board with us here. Unfortunately there is no way to do this. Several members have brought it up over the years how other vehicles have a toggle button that allows the function to remain on till switched off. Unfortunately with the Optima, that is not an option.

If there are any other questions you have, don't hesitate to ask.

David
m surprised that any car would allow this it is so dangerous I someone ot into your car and didn't now CC was on

·
Registered
846 Posts
m surprised that any car would allow this it is so dangerous I someone ot into your car and didn't now CC was on
I've owned several cars that remember the position of the CC "switch" when you last drove. Technically the CC isn't actually "ON" per se, it's just ready to go. You still have to set the desired speed, which is when the CC is actually considered "ON." So, no danger whatsoever.

Tony

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Yeah dude. That's what the cancel button is.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I haven't read about this on the forum. My VW CC had a three flash lane change option when you just taped the turn signal stem. Thought I'd try it on the Optima and to my surprise it worked. Don't push the stem all the way just nudge it and the light will flash three time. Really nice for lane changing.
Yup, this is a nice feature which is becoming a standard nowadays. I've read it in the manual though at the instrument cluster settings called "auto triple turn". So meaning you can disable it too.
I'm wondering if it also applies to the wipers wherein if you tap the washer slightly, it will make 3 squirts while wiping. Haven't tried it yet.:)

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

I searched this thread for 'bass' to no avail.
I turned my volume all the way up and there was a second volume screen/setting with bass boost.
The bass in my UVO non-infinity definitely got better.[/QUOTE

Tried it but nothing happened

441 - 460 of 493 Posts
About this Discussion
492 Replies
219 Participants
drneelukoura
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing