Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 493 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would start a thread for everyone to post interesting things they have learned about their car. Not looking for things that are already described in the owner's manual, but other info that may be useful/interesting to fellow Optima owners.

If you would like to post something, please make sure you put the year, and trim style.

2011 Optima SX

- Under the front passenger seat, there is a plastic cover. If you open it, it shows the frame number of your vehicle.

- On the door jam of the driver's door, you can find you car's "birthday" (month/year it was built). To get the exact date, you can call your dealer and give them the VIN.

- Although the owner's manual doesn't recommend it, you can plug in your phone using the USB port (if you have a USB cable that fits your phone). You can then play music and charge your phone at the same time.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I didn't see this in the manual, but if you leave your wheels turned when you shut off the car, it walks you through straightening them when you start it again.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can bluetooth stream your music from your Iphone and also stand outside the car changing tracks and adjusting the volume.
You have to hit the aux button to activate the media connected through the bluetooth.

·
Registered
608 Posts
you can view pictures on your NAV screen. Put them on a USB stick and the system will recognize the pictures. i have also been told you can also set one as a background image when the system is off, but i have yet to figure that out

·
Registered
110 Posts
Also load songs to the usb drive and it will read the music say good by to cd's!
One caveat to this tip is that the music must be DRM free, that is can't be digitally protected, MP3s you rip yourself from CDs will work fine.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
you can view pictures on your NAV screen. Put them on a USB stick and the system will recognize the pictures. i have also been told you can also set one as a background image when the system is off, but i have yet to figure that out
I think you can change the background by pressing the Desplay button then selecting background. I haven't tryed it yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Probably in the manual, but I thought the only way to open the trunk was either by using the remote or the switch on the door. Yesterday I discovered a rubber coated button underneath the lip of the trunk that also opens it! Nice.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Having the A/C set to blow on a floor setting as well as face setting makes the fans in your seats blow the designated air temp.

Still don't know what the button on the left inside the glove box does.

·
12/2011 ROTM
669 Posts
Having the A/C set to blow on a floor setting as well as face setting makes the fans in your seats blow the designated air temp.

Still don't know what the button on the left inside the glove box does.
Speaking of glove boxes.......did not look it up or nothing yet. What is that circle thing that twists open and close on back of box

·
Registered
4 Posts
other tricks

in my SX i can shift into Manuel mode while in regular drive mode by just touching the downshift paddle on the steering wheel. Also Bluetooth cuts out your iphone when u plug it in and your bluetooth is not connected yet. Just unplug and then replug. i just left an old ipod nano. :)

jr.

·
Former Administrator
6,926 Posts
If you push the little button on the smart key, you can pull out a physical key to open the doors if your battery dies. I was pretty amazed when I accidentally did that.

Also, there's a smart key-shaped hole in the glovebox, if your battery is dead in the remote, stick the whole remote in there to be able to start the car.

1 - 20 of 493 Posts
About this Discussion
492 Replies
219 Participants
drneelukoura
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing