Kia Optima Forums banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had to do a system update under the setup tab....just use the existing one in the stereo....takes about 25 minutes to complete.
With the car running and the display on. Remove the Navigation SD card. Use a pen and push in the reset button above the recessed SD card slot. Reinsert the SD card. Wait for the system to reboot (the screen will go blank for a minute or two). The clock display should come back on. Occasionally it will take 2 attempts. This worked for both my Kias a week ago. And two friends Kias this week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2016 Kia Optima-get in it yesterday and the date is all crazy. (Feb 6 and showing like 4am when it was 8pm) I get in it today and now there is no date and no time displaying at all. When I go to the clock settings, everything is grayed out so there is no option to display. I’ve tried turning the power off and then turning the car off-nothing is working so far. Help!
With the car running and the display on. Remove the Navigation SD card. Use a pen and push in the reset button above the recessed SD card slot. Reinsert the SD card. Wait for the system to reboot (the screen will go blank for a minute or two). The clock display should come back on. Occasionally it will take 2 attempts. This worked for both my Kia's (including my 2016 Kia Optima) a week ago. And two friends Kia's this week.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same issue as you all. Mine had wrong date and time. I went to change the settings for the clock and I was able to adjust the date and time but when I went back it was all greyed out and it didn't give me the option to do any of the date and time settings. Interesting how we all have the same issue in what appears to be the same day. I took out the chip that's inside on the radio control area to reset it and that didn't do anything. We also notice that it won't let us update because of an error code regarding memory. My car is a 2015 Kia Optima SX
Hello, I also have a Kia Optima Turbo with the issues you are describing. Have you had any resolution since your post? I took mine to the dealer and they said they'd call me in a week. That was over 5 weeks ago. Clock is greyed out and can't update due to that memory error. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello! Yes, I was able to get mine working again. I think I posted what I did in this thread, but I can't locate my post. The next time I'm in my car, I will make a note of the screens and let you know. It did some type of update and took about 30 minutes, but has worked fine ever since.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks - I've tried going through Setup (or might be Info) to update but received a memory error. So far I'm out of luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found the post (below)... It was a system update. I did start it updating once and it was taking so long that I had to turn the car off and next time I got back in there was an error and nothing would work. I think I had to do a pin hole reset to get it to reboot then do the update again.

Today I did the system update and date and time are now showing correctly. The update took about 30 minutes though so be prepared. If you turn your car off before it finishes, it will give you an error code and you will have to do a reset.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 Kia Optima-get in it yesterday and the date is all crazy. (Feb 6 and showing like 4am when it was 8pm) I get in it today and now there is no date and no time displaying at all. When I go to the clock settings, everything is grayed out so there is no option to display. I’ve tried turning the power off and then turning the car off-nothing is working so far. Help!
you have to do a system update under the setup tab...choose the existing file on your sd card...it takes about 30 minutes for the updated to complete

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got mine working again by removing the navigation SD card while the car was running, reset it and put the card back in. It took a few minutes but it worked. I don’t remember if I had to shut the car off after I did the above before it showed correctly or not. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My clock was out for about 4 months. Last saturday my screen kept blacking out if the bluetooth connected. Later in the afternoon I started my car and the date Nd clock was working. I guess it updated on its own.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I also have a Kia Optima Turbo with the issues you are describing. Have you had any resolution since your post? I took mine to the dealer and they said they'd call me in a week. That was over 5 weeks ago. Clock is greyed out and can't update due to that memory error. Thanks.
I popped the card out for a few minutes and put it back in. No issues since.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2015 Kia Optima SXL Turbo. I have tried ALL of these suggestions on every page multiple times. I even disconnected my negative battery for about 15 min (found on another page) and still nothing worked! 😩😭 Anyone else have a suggestion? I really miss my clock!

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
441 Posts
I found the post (below)... It was a system update. I did start it updating once and it was taking so long that I had to turn the car off and next time I got back in there was an error and nothing would work. I think I had to do a pin hole reset to get it to reboot then do the update again.

Today I did the system update and date and time are now showing correctly. The update took about 30 minutes though so be prepared. If you turn your car off before it finishes, it will give you an error code and you will have to do a reset.
I have a 2015 Kia Optima SXL Turbo. I have tried ALL of these suggestions on every page multiple times. I even disconnected my negative battery for about 15 min (found on another page) and still nothing worked! 😩😭 Anyone else have a suggestion? I really miss my clock!
suzieb is probably why this issue is so hard to analyze & fix. You say you've tried all posted strategies BUT some are successful for (ie) doing something Again days After a first attempt. No rhyme or reason.
You'd have to be willing to describe everything you've done IMO for anyone here to make an educated guess/suggestion on what to do next.

When you're ready to give up, OR before, I'd ask the Dealer Svc Mgr to read some forum posts you could copy onto an email to him to verify the issue is everywhere, and ask that it be forwarded to a Dist Svc Mgr. Someone posted it had been 5 months and no call back from the dealer. THAT is THEIR fault. At a certain wait time I'd call every day and then every hour if I felt a real issue was being dismissed by the Svc Dept.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima SXL
441 Posts

suzieb is probably why this issue is so hard to analyze & fix. You say you've tried all posted strategies BUT some are successful for (ie) doing something Again days After a first attempt. No rhyme or reason.
You'd have to be willing to describe everything you've done IMO for anyone here to make an educated guess/suggestion on what to do next.

When you're ready to give up, OR before, I'd ask the Dealer Svc Mgr to read some forum posts you could copy onto an email to him to verify the issue is everywhere, and ask that it be forwarded to a Dist Svc Mgr. Someone posted it had been 5 months and no call back from the dealer. THAT is THEIR fault. At a certain wait time I'd call every day and then every hour if I felt a real issue was being dismissed by the Svc Dept.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve tried taking the SD card out over 10x. I’ve tried turning the car off and on between taking it out too. Every time I click to update the system settings it gives me the memory error that people have listed here. I’ve tried pushing the reset button over 10 times in combination of things. No luck. I’ve tried pulling the multimedia fuse multiple times. I disconnected my negative battery cable for 15 minutes. I found a 4 method step from a Kia dealership and tried all of those and still no luck. I find it bizarre that so many people state that they simply hit the reset button once and their clock is back. I need to call the dealership back and push harder. I also reached out to Kia via twitter so I’m awaiting their response.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I’ve tried taking the SD card out over 10x. I’ve tried turning the car off and on between taking it out too. Every time I click to update the system settings it gives me the memory error that people have listed here. I’ve tried pushing the reset button over 10 times in combination of things. No luck. I’ve tried pulling the multimedia fuse multiple times. I disconnected my negative battery cable for 15 minutes. I found a 4 method step from a Kia dealership and tried all of those and still no luck. I find it bizarre that so many people state that they simply hit the reset button once and their clock is back. I need to call the dealership back and push harder. I also reached out to Kia via twitter so I’m awaiting their response.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts