Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Kia Optima-get in it yesterday and the date is all crazy. (Feb 6 and showing like 4am when it was 8pm) I get in it today and now there is no date and no time displaying at all. When I go to the clock settings, everything is grayed out so there is no option to display. I’ve tried turning the power off and then turning the car off-nothing is working so far. Help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016 Kia Optima-get in it yesterday and the date is all crazy. (Feb 6 and showing like 4am when it was 8pm) I get in it today and now there is no date and no time displaying at all. When I go to the clock settings, everything is grayed out so there is no option to display. I’ve tried turning the power off and then turning the car off-nothing is working so far. Help!
Extract same thing has happened to me as of yesterday

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same here. Started out with my clock this morning, was 12 hours and 15 minutes ahead. Didn’t take notice to the date at that time. Got in my car after work and no date or time. Same as someone else said, options under clock are all grey.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here. Started out with my clock this morning, was 12 hours and 15 minutes ahead. Didn’t take notice to the date at that time. Got in my car after work and no date or time. Same as someone else said, options under clock are all grey.
Yes I’m getting the same problems! Idk what’s going on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It has to do with how the time and date is calculated by GPS data. I noticed the issue last night around 8pm (it said 1:14 AM on Feb 6th, 2036) and tried to reset mine by turning GPS time off and back on, but it has since reset entirely and is stuck at 3:59:59 PM 12/31/1969.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know how long it's going to last, but I got everything back by going into Setup>System Info>Update. It asked if I wanted to update with the same version, told it yes. Update finished and everything is back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Remove and reinstall the SD card. It may be having trouble reading for some reason. If you have anything plugged into the USB port, unplug it, just in case that's causing an issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried all of that too and it doesn’t work. Do y’all think it will fix on its own or will I have to go to dealership?🙁

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue as you all. Mine had wrong date and time. I went to change the settings for the clock and I was able to adjust the date and time but when I went back it was all greyed out and it didn't give me the option to do any of the date and time settings. Interesting how we all have the same issue in what appears to be the same day. I took out the chip that's inside on the radio control area to reset it and that didn't do anything. We also notice that it won't let us update because of an error code regarding memory. My car is a 2015 Kia Optima SX

·
Registered
276 Posts
Looks like we are in the same boat. I think there's a good chance this will resolve on its own in a day or so. Guess we will see.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
About this Discussion
61 Replies
37 Participants
CessnaFlyer
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing