Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new tie rod 10 months ago. I started hearing a popping sound when I turned left when I took it to the dealership they said my tie rod was bent. I didn't hit anything and I see that quite a few ppl have posted a similar post about the passenger side having to be replaced, is this common on new cars?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,375 Posts
Would be nice to know year, mileage and which tie rod end was replaced, but tire rod ends, inner and/or outer is not uncommon, but saying it was bent might be a problem if you can believe the stealership.
Last December the 2.0T engine was replaced by the stealership, but when I went to pick up the car they had done an inspection and told me the outer tie rod ends were bad. I asked the service adviser to repeat, inner or outer and he replied outer. I then stated, that's unusual as I just replaced them 2 months before and he didn't know what to say, but when I got home thought I'd check to be sure, and no looseness in the front end, just another way to make money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you before I left the dealership after my initial post they said it was not actually bend but it had come loose they tightened it up and everything was fine just strange for a ten-month-old car

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,375 Posts
At least it was an easy fix. Maybe the lock nut wasn't tightened after the installation. Steering wheel straight, maybe check alignment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah my alignment was way off both of my front tires popped this morning I mean this weekend after the threads were bear on the inside I didn't even know it so I got the alignment fixed it's running a lot better now thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts