Kia Optima Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,261 Posts
I have a 19 sxl, 2.0 T. I have to ask a couple of questions, 1 what is this steering wheel situation yall are talking about and thoughts on mobil extended filters and oil ?? That's all I have ever used in my 16 Optima an now the 19. Just done the 2nd one, have 10,227 miles on her.
I'd recommend starting a new discussion for your question on oil and oil filters.

For the steering situation, it's a feature enabled by using an electric motor to provide steering power assist.

Because the steering assist power comes from an electrical motor, you can adjust how aggressively the computer controls that motor. So you can tailor the power assist steering to give more or less feedback. But, this is not accessible to the car owner, and needs a special computer connected to the car to switch steering modes.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,499 Posts
I have a 19 sxl, 2.0 T. I have to ask a couple of questions, 1 what is this steering wheel situation yall are talking about and thoughts on mobil extended filters and oil ?? That's all I have ever used in my 16 Optima an now the 19. Just done the 2nd one, have 10,227 miles on her.
There are different modes that can be accessed to change the steering feel, soft/hard feel when turning the wheel. As far as oil/filter, normally this is a debate that will see a million replies, but use whatever meets the manufacturer's recommendations, some are expensive, some inexpensive but still do the job.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts