Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time ever in a forum but any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm strongly considering purchasing a 2013 Kia Optima EX for 11K. The car has 41k miles and is super clean. The carfax is clean and was driven about 6 miles a year. I did notice changes in the service center used, i think the previous owner drove from florida to NJ one or twice. It has the low pressure fuel line recall check open . It was a trade in and being sold by a caddy dealer. Anyone familiar with the car know what major warning signs or known areas of concern i should focus on. Also, i would consider a extended warranty, has anyone used edurance or charchex? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,600 Posts
Dark Cherry Pearl 2.4?
Going to take a guess, Dark Cherry Pearl, 2.4, NY, the engine comes with a lifetime warranty providing all recalls, updates are completed, so if purchased, take the car to a Kia dealer and have all done. Just an FYI, the updates aren't listed, just recalls, so the dealer will do all when the car is in for service e.g. take it there for the first oil/filter change.
See that light trim, emblems, were changed, but clean looking car.

Having said that, they certainly don't hold their value, so $11k is a decent figure, maybe you can get it lower, but a decent car, many amenities and I guess one can say minimal problems. The cheap steering coupler will give out, not a safety issue, but steering wheel play and clunking in column when not moving, Kia will replace free, on some, the a/c has a tendency to deteriorate with no cold air at idle, or even sporadic cold air, but when running properly it will freeze you out. The a/c problem can be attributed to a faulty electronic control valve located in the compressor, or it could be the compressor itself.
Other than that just do the normal maintenance and enjoy the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the input very helpful just wasnt meant to be, so one else will enjoy her. cheers mate 🍻

·
Registered
6 Posts
First time ever in a forum but any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm strongly considering purchasing a 2013 Kia Optima EX for 11K. The car has 41k miles and is super clean. The carfax is clean and was driven about 6 miles a year. I did notice changes in the service center used, i think the previous owner drove from florida to NJ one or twice. It has the low pressure fuel line recall check open . It was a trade in and being sold by a caddy dealer. Anyone familiar with the car know what major warning signs or known areas of concern i should focus on. Also, i would consider a extended warranty, has anyone used edurance or charchex? Any input would be appreciated.
I have a 2013 LX which I bought with 39k miles about 2 1/2 years ago. Not one single problem, but I did replace the battery recently. I'm still completely happy with it and would do it again in a heartbeat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts