Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off it is a 2011, 143k miles. Never had any issues other than routine maintenance.
Driving home, it died, I coasted into a parking lot. Tried restarting and it won’t turn over. I can hear the starter click, all the lights, everything works. Even tried jumping it off. It almost seems as if the starter is locked up but that wouldn’t have caused it to die while driving. Also a couple times when trying to start it, it tried to turn the engine but it acts as if it is seized. I really hope not.
Any input on what it sounds like to y’all?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,604 Posts
Don't feel too bad about it because if the engine is gone another one will be installed along with a free loaner car, and that will also come with a lifetime warranty, but hopefully all the updates have been done as that is usually a must for the warranty.

Just curious, RCR, Richard Childress Racing? If so, no need to ask about #3.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. Yes it has been in for every recall so everything should be up go date. I am having it towed to Kia tomorrow so hoping everything goes good.

And yes thats what it stands for 😎 I started using this username every where back in 1997 when I first got AOL, it was my username then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: It was very simple and easy. Had the car towed to the dealership today around 1:00. He told us he would get it inside and check it out and let us know as soon as he found out what the deal was. About 4:00 he called and said it does need a engine and Kia has approved the replacement and new engine is ordered and hegot us a rental car reserved at Enterprise and we went and picked it up. Wasn’t really expecting it to be that simple.
We have the rental car for 8 days but he said if it happens to be longer they will extend the rental.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.