Kia Optima Forums banner

The Official Aftermarket Optima Wheel Thread

1M views 1K replies 379 participants last post by  whiteydorner 
#1 · (Edited)
OK guys, let's post them up with all the details...
Brand
Model
Wheel Diameter
Wheel Width
Wheel offset
Tire size
Tire brand

Limit each post to 3 pictures and limit all comments. This should be an informational thread for everyone to use. Maybe we can pm questions directly to the poster if more details are needed? This way it can keep the thread limited to information for others.

#60 ·
I'm sorry guys, but I think these are the sickest!!! Wow... Really impressed. On a grey optima, I do not think you could have done better...

This post has been deleted
#6 · (Edited)
Brand: Drag
Model: DR-34
Wheel Diameter: 17"
Wheel Width: 7.55"
Wheel Offset: 45
Tire Brand: Hankook Optimo H727
Tire Size: 225/55/17

#350 ·
Wheel & Tire combo look great on your ride. I like the wheel design, fit & the color matches the Optima Silver great!
Great choice on the Hankook H727's. Especially if your from Michigan! I did a lot of research on all weather tires for ice & snow control for my 04 Bonneville & they were the best choice! I have no problems in any weather, snow, sleet, ice, rain & with H727's best of all they cut through water like a knife! I get absolutely no hydroplaning on a wet surface unless its dumping rain one inch every 15 mins.

Nice LX Elvis Fan!

#7 ·
md-18,
Just bought new Hankook v12 evo's 255-35-20's for these rims and these tires do rub on "big" bumps. Originally I had Falken 452's in the same size on the rim and they didn't rub. The Falken's sidewall bowed out to the rim as to where the Hankooks stick out past the rim. Not happy about that since I did a lot of research on tires before I bought these. Great tire, very quiet, good handling...just didn't expect the sidewall difference! More than likely will buy new rims with a different offset to pull the wheels back in a bit. Then they should be fine. These were just an old set of wheels I had in my barn from long ago so buying new ones is what I had planned on doing anyway.
But if I could start all over...I would not go over a 245-35-20. That's more than enough tire for this car.
Not sure what the offset is on these rims...but it's too much.

#359 ·
Just ordered a package wheels and tires and all came with their own tpms. I don't intend to mess with my stock ones just incase i need them for emergency.

#20 ·
Finally got these on...

Privat Netz
20"x8.5"
et 38
Nitto NT555
245/35/20

They sit FLUSH with the fenders. We could not be happier with the fitment. We have had one very slight rub on the front right corner and that was after a HUGE dip. Other than that no rubbing at all (~100 miles mixed driving).

I know everyone probably thinks this about their wheels/car... but I think these are the best wheels I've seen on an optima yet. We had salespeople swarming at the Kia dealership as well as a few customers asking about the car and of course the wheels.

#283 ·
Finally got these on...

Privat Netz
20"x8.5"
et 38
Nitto NT555
245/35/20

They sit FLUSH with the fenders. We could not be happier with the fitment. We have had one very slight rub on the front right corner and that was after a HUGE dip. Other than that no rubbing at all (~100 miles mixed driving).

I know everyone probably thinks this about their wheels/car... but I think these are the best wheels I've seen on an optima yet. We had salespeople swarming at the Kia dealership as well as a few customers asking about the car and of course the wheels.

Aww man...Im drooling and impressed at the same time.:jawdrop: Awesome choice!!

#21 · (Edited)
TSW Nurburgring
18x7.5 w/ 45 offset ~ 18lbs
Nexen (Stock) 225/45/18

I will probably do a mild drop at some point in the near future. Once I replace these tires I will also go with 235's instead. The wheels look fantastic in person and really give the car a more aggressive appearance over the factory ones.

#62 ·
I don't normally like rockstar wheels, but that thing is absolutely sick. I really like how you did the door handles, smooth man.

#351 ·
NICE! I really liked those wheels & tried to make my dealer a trade for them......you did what I was imagining to do with them if I could of got them! They look bad ass chromed & thanks for posting them!

#27 ·
I love those HR6!!! wow. 19" tho, will they fit? I want to bag my car eventually...

#29 ·
Brand - Lorenzo
Model - WL30
Wheel Diameter - 20
Wheel Width - 8.5
Wheel offset - +38
Tire size - 245/35-20
Tire brand - Falken 452

Sorry I took pics with phone. Will try to get better ones. Also i really wanted Lorenzo WL32s but could not find them so these were my second choice

Attachments

#69 ·
hey phife, i've been posting around everywhere on the forum and no one seems to know/ wants to respond. your wheels are closest to the specs in terms of offset and width as the ones i am looking at.

first, are those 8.5in wide? do you think the fenders could spare another 1/7th of an inch? i am looking into 18x8.75 with a +35 offset and that would mean another .13 inches toward the fender than yours, as well as another .13 inches towards the strut. your wheels look almost perfectly flush with the fender, and i dont want any wheel poke or rubbing on my optima. thanks, and as you know, your ride looks great!