Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 40 of 1127 Posts

·
12/2013 ROTM
288 Posts
TSW Nurburgring
18x7.5 w/ 45 offset ~ 18lbs
Nexen (Stock) 225/45/18

I will probably do a mild drop at some point in the near future. Once I replace these tires I will also go with 235's instead. The wheels look fantastic in person and really give the car a more aggressive appearance over the factory ones.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hope a hybrid post is okay here! Anyway, hello. New owner that couldn't stand the hybrid's factory wheels.
Nothing special, but hopefully better than stock. Apologies to those that like the factory hybrid wheels! This is the only mod other than window tint and a cargo net.

Model: Platinum Hyper Black 200-7707HB
Wheel Diameter: 17
Width: 7.5
Offset: +40mm
Tire size: 215/55R17
Brand: Michelin Primacy MXV4

Hopefully, these wheels and tires won't affect the hybrid fuel economy too bad!

Gene

Attachments

·
Registered
1,137 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Actually, I thought I saw the writing on one of the spokes... I attached an image and circled it. I didn't modify anything except for adding the circle.

Could be a shadow or dirt I suppose, but figured it was the writing on the MRR wheel...
I think you are right! Good catch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Brand - Lorenzo
Model - WL30
Wheel Diameter - 20
Wheel Width - 8.5
Wheel offset - +38
Tire size - 245/35-20
Tire brand - Falken 452

Sorry I took pics with phone. Will try to get better ones. Also i really wanted Lorenzo WL32s but could not find them so these were my second choice

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
With a little help from Photoshop I inserted some Sonata 17" rims onto my LX. I don't want to have my car ride too much harder than it already does, so a bump to 17s is all I dare do. Besides, I really like the way these look. Now if I could just find someone that would do a trade with me...

Attachments

·
Registered
668 Posts
With a little help from Photoshop I inserted some Sonata 17" rims onto my LX. I don't want to have my car ride too much harder than it already does, so a bump to 17s is all I dare do. Besides, I really like the way these look. Now if I could just find someone that would do a trade with me...
If i were u i would just go with a set of 18s...the price ur gonna pay for the sonata wheels will probably be more than a set of aftermarket 18s.

These r very close to the sonata wheels u posted and probably much less money.

Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thank you for the link. Those are nice, and I have bookmarked the page. However, my (almost) overwhelming concern is the hit I will take in the ride quality. I just got rid of an gen one Xb and even after dropping back down from 17s to the factory 15s, it still road like a box of rocks. I love my Optima, but the ride is already a bit more firm than I would like. Having less sidewall is going to make a difference...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ok, sorry if I'm spamming with small wheel questions... I have a friend that has Hyundai Tiburon with 17". He is going to replace the wheels so I have the chance to buy them from him for a really good price. I have found that they are 5 x 114.3 and 7" deep. What else do I need to know? Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ok, sorry if I'm spamming with small wheel questions... I have a friend that has Hyundai Tiburon with 17". He is going to replace the wheels so I have the chance to buy them from him for a really good price. I have found that they are 5 x 114.3 and 7" deep. What else do I need to know? Any help is appreciated!
You need to know that they weigh a TON! (I owned a 2006 Tiburon GT for 4 years) Also, if he still has Michelin Pilot Sports on them (couldn't tell from the pics), they are ridiculously expensive tires for what you get so in the case you get a damaged tire you may as well swap all the rubber.

I believe they were about 23lbs without rubber.

EDIT: Found it in my notes. 23.5lbs without rubber

·
Registered
668 Posts
Thank you for the link. Those are nice, and I have bookmarked the page. However, my (almost) overwhelming concern is the hit I will take in the ride quality. I just got rid of an gen one Xb and even after dropping back down from 17s to the factory 15s, it still road like a box of rocks. I love my Optima, but the ride is already a bit more firm than I would like. Having less sidewall is going to make a difference...
A firmer ride is due to the suspension...the suspension on these cars r more on the sport side so the ride is going to feel a bit firm...18s on an optima run a larger size tire than an xb so i wouldnt rely on those two as a comparison...less side wall means the tire wont flex as much which means better cornering...if u buy a quality tire, u wont have to worry about sacrificing ride quality.

IMO its a waste of money to buy a wheel that is only one size bigger than what u already have....

·
Registered
668 Posts
U might want to find out what the offset is.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Thank you all for your help. Here is what I have found so far...

tiburon wheels
Rims Specs are:
Lug Pattern: 5 x 114.3 (5 on 4.5)
Rim size: 17"diameter x 7"wide, Offset 46mm
Tires: 215/45/ZR17
23.5 lbs

optima
16 x 6.5
offset 41
205/65R16
17.8 lbs

Change to car (according to 1010tire.com calculator)

Inner Clearance: 11mm less
Outer Position: Extend an extra 1 mm

It sounds to me like they should work. Opinions? Comments? Advice?

Also, the standard tire size for the Optima's 17s are 215/55R17. Will these work, or do I need to buy something wider to accommodate the extra .5" width?

And, with the help of Photoshop I have "placed" them on my car. I like the look!

Attachments

21 - 40 of 1127 Posts
About this Discussion
1.1K Replies
393 Participants
Dmitriy
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing