Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1129 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK guys, let's post them up with all the details...
Brand
Model
Wheel Diameter
Wheel Width
Wheel offset
Tire size
Tire brand

Limit each post to 3 pictures and limit all comments. This should be an informational thread for everyone to use. Maybe we can pm questions directly to the poster if more details are needed? This way it can keep the thread limited to information for others.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I'll go first....
Brand TSW
model Croft
Wheel Diameter 19"
Wheel Width 8"
Wheel offset 35ET
Tire brand Nitto
Tire size 225/40/19

·
Registered
244 Posts
Gunmetal MB Boost - 18 x 7.5 w/ 48 offset
Kumho Ecsta SPT - 235/45/18

·
Registered
256 Posts
Brand: Drag
Model: DR-34
Wheel Diameter: 17"
Wheel Width: 7.55"
Wheel Offset: 45
Tire Brand: Hankook Optimo H727
Tire Size: 225/55/17

·
Registered
31 Posts
md-18,
Just bought new Hankook v12 evo's 255-35-20's for these rims and these tires do rub on "big" bumps. Originally I had Falken 452's in the same size on the rim and they didn't rub. The Falken's sidewall bowed out to the rim as to where the Hankooks stick out past the rim. Not happy about that since I did a lot of research on tires before I bought these. Great tire, very quiet, good handling...just didn't expect the sidewall difference! More than likely will buy new rims with a different offset to pull the wheels back in a bit. Then they should be fine. These were just an old set of wheels I had in my barn from long ago so buying new ones is what I had planned on doing anyway.
But if I could start all over...I would not go over a 245-35-20. That's more than enough tire for this car.
Not sure what the offset is on these rims...but it's too much.

·
Registered
244 Posts
U have any more pics?? im really digging the 18s...20 r too big imo...is the ride to smooth and quiet with the tires u have?
Here are a couple I took yesterday after installing my new fogs. I had 22"s on my last car, loved the look but they were just too much of a hassle. It's nice not to having to worry about every speedbump or driveway curb, plus the ride is much smoother as well.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Bremmer BR05 wheels

Specs:
19x8
+45mm offset
Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (245/40/19 all around)

I know, the 4x4 look is absurd (to me at least). Ordered H&R springs for the car and should be here early next week.

In my opinion, a +45 offset with these dimension wheels are absolutely perfect. Sit slightly inside the fender wheels but not too far back.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I just installed my new wheels and tires
19 x 8.5 Sport Edition ST4
+42mm offset
245/40-19 General G-MAX AS-03
and I agree w/11snowwhitesx that it does have a bit of a 4x4 look, which I regret because I could have returned them and gotten the 255/35-19, but TR was very insistent that I don't because of "air chamber" this, "load" that, blah blah blah...I think they are just covering their _ss. I think the hightened look is due to the fact that the car is actually .344" higher than stock, which is significant given that mild drop springs lower by about an inch or so.

If Eibach doesn't come out w/ a lowering spring soon, I may just replace the tires w the 255s if I can't stand the look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My new rims & tires

Hi everyone... I'm new here and decided to say "Hi" and post some pictures of my new rims to, maybe, help someone out there.

Brand: Ace Alloy
Model: Cinco
Size: 18x8 with +40 offset
Tires: Kumo ASX 225/45/18

I really wanted the MRR HR-5 ( Discontinued and not found on the market) so the my next choice were these and I'm very happy with the look.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
These made our short list but we ended up buying something else. just thought I should post them here in case anyone else wanted some really nice looking 5 spokes. They are LIGHT too!

Enkei Razr 20x8.5" 40mm offset... only a hair over 25lbs!

·
Registered
31 Posts

Brand : (Not Find)
Model : Valkyrie
Wheel Diameter : 19"
Wheel Width : (F)8.5j (R)9.5j
Wheel offset : (F)+35 (R)+38
Tire size : (F)225-35-19 (R)235-35-19
Tire brand : (F)(R) Hankook V12 EVO

Suspension : Air Suspension
-Adjust ground clearance
-swap Front/Rear coil spring -> Air spring(made by goodyear)
-custom tune(oil added) damper
-controller(air chamber, compressor and relay...) install in to truck

p.s.
hybrid low arm(Front and Rear) is aluminum.
hybrid damper different from other model damper.

·
Registered
84 Posts
225/45/18
offset is 40 I think

looks better in person IMO.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Finally got these on...

Privat Netz
20"x8.5"
et 38
Nitto NT555
245/35/20

They sit FLUSH with the fenders. We could not be happier with the fitment. We have had one very slight rub on the front right corner and that was after a HUGE dip. Other than that no rubbing at all (~100 miles mixed driving).

I know everyone probably thinks this about their wheels/car... but I think these are the best wheels I've seen on an optima yet. We had salespeople swarming at the Kia dealership as well as a few customers asking about the car and of course the wheels.

1 - 20 of 1129 Posts