Kia Optima Forums banner

521 - 540 of 570 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Optima Kia Optima SX 2012
11 Posts
Just installed my new K5 3.0 Black edition badges (blue inset) - Love the look, very happy with the product. On the install front found a hair dryer and a credit card to be the best tools for removing the original badges (front and rear) with a little help from Goo be Gone.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
28,994 Posts
Just installed my new K5 3.0 Black edition badges (blue inset) - Love the look, very happy with the product. On the install front found a hair dryer and a credit card to be the best tools for removing the original badges (front and rear) with a little help from Goo be Gone.
Thank you for your order with us and happy to hear you are enjoying the look of them.

If you don't mind, could you please post up a picture or two with this info you posted here in our forum thread so that others can see as well?

http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/257-k5os-emblems-badging/98930-brand-new-black-edition-kia-3-0-k-emblems-k5-optima-store.html

Very much appreciated!

·
Registered
19 Posts
OK, I am back in the market AGAIN for replacement K badges for my 2012 Optima. This will be my 3rd replacement. It has been a while since I have visited the forum here but I have attempted to follow recent developments in the ongoing saga of trying to identify quality badges.

I will just ask directly, Which K badges, and vendors, would you recommend based on your experience and how well the badges held up (No vendor replies please!)? I don't remember who the vendor of the first set of badges were from but the second set were from a company called Karbon Koncepts (who appear to be out of business). The KK badges were supposed to be the "New, Improved" version but they deteriorated just like the previous ones that I had (both were Cooltrade badges). I really appreciate all who reply to my inquiry.

·
Registered
2013 K5
637 Posts
OK, I am back in the market AGAIN for replacement K badges for my 2012 Optima. This will be my 3rd replacement. It has been a while since I have visited the forum here but I have attempted to follow recent developments in the ongoing saga of trying to identify quality badges.

I will just ask directly, Which K badges, and vendors, would you recommend based on your experience and how well the badges held up (No vendor replies please!)? I don't remember who the vendor of the first set of badges were from but the second set were from a company called Karbon Koncepts (who appear to be out of business). The KK badges were supposed to be the "New, Improved" version but they deteriorated just like the previous ones that I had (both were Cooltrade badges). I really appreciate all who reply to my inquiry.
Contact K5 Optima Store here in the forums, they have the latest and most improved badges. I'm sure David will reply to this thread once he sees it. He's got the hook up on all badges!!!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,994 Posts
Contact K5 Optima Store here in the forums, they have the latest and most improved badges. I'm sure David will reply to this thread once he sees it. He's got the hook up on all badges!!!
Thanks Hank, I did not want to comment in response as he had posted ("no vendor replies please").

However we are always here if and members have questions they need assistance with. Anyone can PM us here on the forum, email or call anytime. ;)

·
Registered
2013 K5
637 Posts
Thanks Hank, I did not want to comment in response as he had posted ("no vendor replies please").

However we are always here if and members have questions they need assistance with. Anyone can PM us here on the forum, email or call anytime. ;)
Forgot about that part David but a least I got the word out to him!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks Hank, I will check them out and do a little research. It is really frustrating to have to replace these badges every 2 years. How long have you had your badges installed and how are they holding up? Who is the manufacturer of the badges that you use (Hopefully, not Cooltrade)? Thanks!

Charles

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Nothing personal but of course each vendor will proclaim that their badges are the best. I prefer to hear from the end users. My last purchase was with Karbon Koncepts (who appear to be out of business) and they assured me their badges were "new, improved and the best"; but here I am again looking for replacements. We will see.

Charles

·
Registered
2013 K5
637 Posts
Thanks Hank, I will check them out and do a little research. It is really frustrating to have to replace these badges every 2 years. How long have you had your badges installed and how are they holding up? Who is the manufacturer of the badges that you use (Hopefully, not Cooltrade)? Thanks!

Charles

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Nothing personal but of course each vendor will proclaim that their badges are the best. I prefer to hear from the end users. My last purchase was with Karbon Koncepts (who appear to be out of business) and they assured me their badges were "new, improved and the best"; but here I am again looking for replacements. We will see.

Charles
Hey Charles, I have changed my badges so many times just because i try different styles so i never really have them long enough to see if the weather does anything to them. I do get the badges from K5OS, reach out to David and he'll be able to explain the durability of the badges. If you go on his sight click on emblems and there are so many different styles to choose from!!!

http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/7-optima-appearance-body-modifications/2083-official-aftermarket-badge-s-thread.html

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,994 Posts

Charles
Nothing personal taken at all. I however disagree with your assumption though. As a site sponsor in this community which I have been a part of for the past 5 years now both as an Optima owner and a vendor, I would not proclaim ours badges are "the best". I prefer to be honest and straightforward with every customer we work with. If there is a problem with the emblems we are selling, we are happy to admit it and take care of the customer having the issue.

There is tons of info about the emblem situation with CoolTrade with the chrome flaking off back in 2013 & 2014 but those issues have been long resolved now. (With the exception of customers that bought them during that time and are now having issues) Karbon Koncepts used to be the NA distributor for the Cooltrade emblems, but we took that over in late 2014. We sell both the CoolTrade and Evolution brand of emblems and stand behind our product with a solid warranty should you have any issues.

Please feel free to call us and I'd be happy to walk you through the process and why the issues with the chrome peeling were happening. However you can pretty much sum it up in this video below:

·
Registered
2015 Optima EX
45 Posts
Just ordered my "Black Edition" - Black Carbon Fiber set from K5 Optima store and looking forward to throwing them on

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
104 Posts
Changed out my steering wheel emblem yesterday.

Just an FYI, on the 2016 it has 7 tabs instead of the 6 (4 on top vs 3). See pic.

Did you have any issues with the new badge sticking? Also would you happen to have an after picture.

I want to do mine but don't think I would like it just stuck over the stock one but at the same time don't want to mess up the steering wheel on a car that doesn't even have 400 miles on it yet.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,994 Posts
Did you have any issues with the new badge sticking? Also would you happen to have an after picture.

I want to do mine but don't think I would like it just stuck over the stock one but at the same time don't want to mess up the steering wheel on a car that doesn't even have 400 miles on it yet.
You definitely DON'T want to stick it over the original one. It is designed to fit where the original one went as shown in the installation instructions on our site.

·
Registered
2016 Kia Optima
104 Posts
I see that now, thanks! I watched a video where they stuck it right over the stock one.

---------- Post added 08-19-2016 at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-18-2016 at 09:15 PM ----------

You definitely DON'T want to stick it over the original one. It is designed to fit where the original one went as shown in the installation instructions on our site.
After a lot of reading and searching do you know if the bump is still present under the 2016 original steering wheel badge and if is has the 3.0 badges been changed to fit better.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,994 Posts
I see that now, thanks! I watched a video where they stuck it right over the stock one.

---------- Post added 08-19-2016 at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was 08-18-2016 at 09:15 PM ----------

After a lot of reading and searching do you know if the bump is still present under the 2016 original steering wheel badge and if is has the 3.0 badges been changed to fit better.
Unfortunately after years of different products being out there and videos on older products, there is lots of false information circulating. Please understand that we have been doing this for several years now and yes there was a change on the steering wheel emblem over 2 years ago. It fits perfectly as shown in the images on our site once you remove the original one and install the new one in its place.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 6
108 Posts
Genuinely curious, but why is re-badging so common on this car? I've seen a lot of people do it, but only to Optima's. I've never seen it done to a Forte, Sportage, or Sorrento.

I definitely think the custom badges look nicer, but I like showing people that Kia makes nice cars since so many people are so quick to blow them off as a competitive car manufacturer. I've already gotten plenty of looks in the week I've had my 2018 EX.

·
K5 Optima Store Vendor
Santa Fe/350z
726 Posts
Genuinely curious, but why is re-badging so common on this car? I've seen a lot of people do it, but only to Optima's. I've never seen it done to a Forte, Sportage, or Sorrento.

I definitely think the custom badges look nicer, but I like showing people that Kia makes nice cars since so many people are so quick to blow them off as a competitive car manufacturer. I've already gotten plenty of looks in the week I've had my 2018 EX.
I think the Optima community is one of the largest of the Kia lines of vehicles. The Forte would then follow and the rest of the Kia lines are more for the non-car enthusiasts then wouldnt choose to rebadge.

You see more Optimas with the K badge because of this

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
279 Posts
There's a zillion Optimas on the road (I counted) and it's a cheap way to differentiate your ride.

521 - 540 of 570 Posts