Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 562 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems there are TONS of threads with everyone posting pictures of their new badges. If we can compile these to one thread that would be great. This would help members like myself decided which setup fits their taste. Lets keep the thread as simple as possible.

Please list only the following:

1. As many applicable pictures as desired.
2. Name and link to place purchased.
3. Price paid.
4. Time from paying to time of delivery.
4. Quality 1-5 (5 being the greatest).

Helpful Instruction:
http://www.optimaforums.com/forum/7-optima-appearance-body-modifications/1459-rebadge-pictorial.html

Thanks.

Travis

·
01/2012 ROTM
2,434 Posts
RearBadge.jpg.jpg

Front.jpg.jpg

Called The Luxury Generation badges

Purchased for about $80 on eBay from Jayongmall

Delivered in 2.5 weeks from date of order

Happy with the quality ( I would rate it a 4) and was looking for a very distinctive look versus the common "K" badge most are going with.

·
Registered
30 Posts
SecurityGuy,

I love the way your badges blend in on that color. Looks really nice and sophisticated. I know that a lot of people are opting for the K5 Lexus style badges, but I am leaning towards the ones you have. Are you happy with them and do you get a lot of looks, compliments, head scratching, etc..? What about the body molding add on? Do people think that it is factory added? I also know (by your posts) that you travel a lot. Do you get any looks, head turning etc...

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I was leaning towards the one sg has also. I really want to get the whole set, then get the pillars and the fuel filler cap.

·
Registered
923 Posts
It seems there are TONS of threads with everyone posting pictures of their new badges. If we can compile these to one thread that would be great. This would help members like myself decided which setup fits their taste. Lets keep the thread as simple as possible.

Please list only the following:

1. As many applicable pictures as desired.
2. Name and link to place purchased.
3. Price paid.
4. Time from paying to time of delivery.
4. Quality 1-5 (5 being the greatest).

Thanks.

Travis
Well done sir

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I rebadged my Corsa Blue with blue badges. Color matches very well, but Corsa has metal flake and the badges are a candy apple finish. I really like the contrast. Also, rebadged the steering wheel with silver matte/bright badge. It looks really good with the silver mesh and other silver trim in the interior. I also added some additional carbon fiber film around the interior door pulls.

Paid 39.95 for front/rear badges, 19.95 for steering wheel badge and $34.95 for wheel caps.

Links to these items:

KIA OPTIMA BLUE K LOGO Emblem/Badge Front Rear Trunk | eBay

Kia 2011 Optima K5 K Logo Wheel Center Cap OEM Blue | eBay

The link to the steering wheel badge has disappeared. I got it off eBay and it was called 'white' even though it is actually two toned silver.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Roadrunner,

That's hot man! The blue blends in perfectly and even looks factory. Great choice! Do they come in other colors as well?

Still waiting for SecurityGuy's response to this thread. I pm'd him.

·
01/2012 ROTM
2,434 Posts
SecurityGuy,

I love the way your badges blend in on that color. Looks really nice and sophisticated. I know that a lot of people are opting for the K5 Lexus style badges, but I am leaning towards the ones you have. Are you happy with them and do you get a lot of looks, compliments, head scratching, etc..? What about the body molding add on? Do people think that it is factory added? I also know (by your posts) that you travel a lot. Do you get any looks, head turning etc...

Thanks for the info.
Sorry for the delay mac...just got your PM:) I am very happy with them. They are all plastic and the badge has no open pores for anything to peel or chip...it is 100% encased in a clear plastic. It is not solid hard and does flex a bit and it looks as good today as the day I installed them. As long as the clear plastic they used is fully UV protected, it should stay looking good for years to come. Only time will tell as others are finding their K badges are pitting or peeling. I got mine on eBay from jayongmall. Received them in 2.5 weeks after ordering. I get a ton of compliments and most folks think it's a JAG versus any other car brand. The badges are very different than what most have opted for which is why I bought them. I'm not one to go along with the "crowd"...I like the uniqueness of the badge. They do have the most "sophisticated" look of all the badges IMPO and I thought they went best with the look of my car. I am always seeing folks either slowing down to look at my car or speeding up from behind to see what it is. I love looking in my rear view mirror when they speed up from behind and look at the rear badge and then look at each other like "WTF" is that thing:p I just smile and keep driving. I do get a lot of thumbs up...you must admit it's a HOT looking car!

As far as the side molding, it is worth it's weight in gold. Looks totally factory and not like I put it on myself in my driveway. It will save you a ton of hurt when some idiot allows their door to slam into the side of your car. I have used this brand on my last three cars and each one was sold or traded without a single ding or dent in the side of the car.

If you want to chat, PM me again and I'll give you my cell number. What ever you decide to do, you really can't go wrong. They all look good on our cars and it's really up to personal taste:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks SecurityGuy! I knew that you would come thru in the clutch. ;)It sucks that I am still deployed and I have to live vicariously thru all of the different posts on this site. I believe Andrews is in the same boat. Like I posted before, I have yet to even see a Optima in person, better yet, drive one. And I own one! :eek:How does that work? But after staying informed with sites like these, I feel like I know everything about this vehicle. :DI don't get much feedback from the wifey about the car, so I have to get my info from all of you guys. :)She just says everything is good with it! Talk about a buzz kill. But I reckon it is just a guy thing. Hopefully some gal on here will prove me wrong. :pSound like a future thread, but I digress. Since we both have twin vehicles, and I love the upgrades/additions that you have put on it. I will most likely order the same badges when I get back and the body molding. It blends in well and like you said, it puts the mystery in the Optima look. It makes it that more mysterious and interesting. It really blends in with the black color as well. I am glad that I own the exact car and I get to see first hand how it will look. Thanks for being different and not going with the crowd. ;)It definitely resembles a Jag. But for some reason when you add the Lexus type K 5 badge to it, it does trick you into thinking that it is a Lexus. Weird, :confused:kinda like a optical illusion. But one thing concerns me. When will this car no longer become a mystery, but a house hold name. When you pull up to the next block, are you are bound to run into a few of them. :(I hope not, but then again with the second best selling vehicle record, then it is just a matter of time. So I guess enjoy all of the attention that it gets for now. One thing that is amazing as well, is the diversity of all the owners. Some folks have came from some really expensive vehicles and have really test driven some very luxury cars, but yet they still chose the Optima! :pAmazing! I guess that should speak for itself. But I have noticed that a lot of people are buying the 2012 models. Just hope that the market isn't too saturated. But we can't have everything we ask for huh?! :(It won't be until the first of the New Year until I get my walking papers out of here, but in the mean time, keep posting your stories! Thanks all again for your help and for making me think that I am getting behind the wheel of a sweet ride everyday. For now I can only dream and cont down the days.:cool:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Red, white & blue....and black.

Roadrunner,

That's hot man! The blue blends in perfectly and even looks factory. Great choice! Do they come in other colors as well?
Thanks, I like the blue on blue really well too. It does look very upmarket and OEM, if people could just figure out what manufacturer's factory it is from.

Besides black and blue I have seen badges in red and white. But only the stylized K badges. I have never seen any of the other style badges in anything but black.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Does rebadging effect warranty...etc.... I'd like to dress my Optima SX with a few tweaks including Chrome side mirror covers and the rebadging etc.

Does any of this affect the warranty? Let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Does rebadging effect warranty...etc.... I'd like to dress my Optima SX with a few tweaks including Chrome side mirror covers and the rebadging etc.

Does any of this affect the warranty? Let me know, thanks.
No. And I know because I have had my stupid car in to the dealership for warranty repairs many times in the 6 months I have owned it. They noticed the rebadge because they asked me about it.

In fact, the dealers will perform a rebadge...for about $400. Ridiculous. But it isn't any different than putting on tint or new tires. Doesn't affect the warranty.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
KDMnation Chicago
780 Posts
My rebadge

Heres a few pics of my rebadge.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Price - US $79.99

Delivery - About 2 weeks I think.

Quality - 5 (no blemishes or flaws)
How do they hold up during the rain if you mind me asking, Tensixty? Using the search forum I came across a thread that people said rain caused problems with all but the K5 OEM badges. Have you noticed anything? White spots, sticky, etc?

Also, I wonder how they will hold up in these Canadian winters.

·
01/2012 ROTM
2,434 Posts
Ten - out of curosity, what are those "things" underneath your headlights? Boy, you guys get all the good stuff...DRLs, Rear Back-up sensors and those headlight "thingys":)

1 - 20 of 562 Posts