Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Optima
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Optima fe/lx and I am looking to replace my license plate light and my reverse lights, any recommendations on what to get? I'm looking for white and bright. Thanks.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
557 Posts
For license plate lights, just go with a pair of Sylvanias, you don't need them to be all that bright.

For Reverse Lights, I went with the XPR 921's from DIode Dynamics. They're everything I ever wanted, and work great with backup cameras.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is it worth it to install license plate lights? I feel like it will still be visible even without it, but then again we all have different preferences.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
557 Posts
Is it worth it to install license plate lights? I feel like it will still be visible even without it, but then again we all have different preferences.
Cars tend to look incomplete without them, and you can get pulled over if they're out.

I've done something a little different with mine, just to be unique: I covered my license plate characters with UV reactive tape, and replaced the lights with UV LEDs. It makes the plate a deep purple, while the characters pop out in neon orange. Very Cyberpunk.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Optima
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For license plate lights, just go with a pair of Sylvanias, you don't need them to be all that bright.
/[/URL]

For Reverse Lights, I went with the XPR 921's from DIode Dynamics. They're everything I ever wanted, and work great with backup cameras.
[/URL]

Thanks for the recommendation. Those reverse lights seem kinda pricey.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
557 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation. Those reverse lights seem kinda pricey.
They're worth it. I went through 3 pairs all from different vendors claiming to be "the brightest" before I settled on those. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul X-Line 2.0 MPI
104 Posts
Having a license plate light is the Law in most-all states.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
557 Posts
We carry both of these on our site, and would be more than happy to provide you with a discount.

$90 + shipping for those reverse lights are very pricey.

License Plate Stage 1 & 2 LED Bulb Sets 194/T10 - K5 Optima Store

50 Watt CREE LED (194 & 1156) Reverse Lights - K5 Optima Store

Just reach out if you have any questions or would like to order with a discount.

[email protected]

I tried the 50 watt CREE units, but mine were not as bright as the XPRs... The cooling setup doesn't seem to be as robust either.

What generation of CREE LED are the ones you sell?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,678 Posts
I tried the 50 watt CREE units, but mine were not as bright as the XPRs... The cooling setup doesn't seem to be as robust either.

What generation of CREE LED are the ones you sell?
These are for reverse lights, there doesn't need to be "robust cooling" as they do not get left on for extended periods of time requiring cooling.

Ours are the same ones that were sold on the Diode Dynamics website previously, and sold for $85 + $5 for shipping. (We sell them for $55 shipped)

The generation of CREE LED is shown in the description on the product page linked above.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I went with the stage two license plate lights from the K5 optima store. They are nice and bright have gotten many compliments.
for the reverse I got the reverse lights from GTR lighting 1000 lm, from headlight revolution they are a nice bright white color you will love them..
I tried many lightbulbs for my fogs, low beams, turn signals but had many issues with all of them
I upgraded all of them to GTR lighting products and half not had an issue I get constant compliments on them, also they give you lifetime warranty. If a lightbulb gives out on you headlight revolution will just ask you to take a picture showing you destroyed the product and they will ship you out a replacement. You should definitely check them out
Headlightrevolution.com

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2019 Optima fe/lx and I am looking to replace my license plate light and my reverse lights, any recommendations on what to get? I'm looking for white and bright. Thanks.
I got these from ebay and the backup and plate lights are a crisp white. They are really awesome and the price is fantastic.
Screenshot_20201117-211058_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20201117-210318_eBay.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts