Kia Optima Forums banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2013 kia optima sxl
7 Posts
I have a tesla style radio for 2011-2013 kia optima. I have the factory infinity sound system. If anyone could help me get it to where I will have Good sound quality I'd love to get it installed. The hvac works like it should. I have auto amd dual climate. Otherwise I may just sell it. Would anyone be interested in buying it for a discount price if I go that route?

·
Registered
2013 kia optima sxl
7 Posts
It's not as good as it could be. I do have the factory navigation so the pins may be a little different in the factory harness compared to a radio that does not have navigation. the pins could be different in a non nav factory harness. being different positions but I do have the canbus harness. I do get sound it's just not nearly as good as the original sound. Do you have a tesla style radio in your optima?

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's not as good as it could be. I do have the factory navigation so the pins may be a little different in the factory harness compared to a radio that does not have navigation. the pins could be different in a non nav factory harness. being different positions but I do have the canbus harness. I do get sound it's just not nearly as good as the original sound. Do you have a tesla style radio in your optima?
You cannot feed the high level speakers leads into the harness as they have gave with the unit. The Infinity system uses SPIDF. Get a Metra Adaptor, wire in between the radio and car. The non amplified and amplified systems are not even close to being pinned the same and should not just be plugged in. I think I repinned 80% of the harness they supplied. I asked them for harnesses and pins but heard nothing. I do not have access to the harnesses and pins and to do so with a company would never be beneficial as the harnesses do not have enough demand for a 100 piece MOQ. Phoenix wants to send people my way to assist and to be honest, without the right parts I am not interested. I did my own to prove it can be done. It would cost at min $300 for me to do others with zero profit and people will balk at that and I do not work for free.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima exclusive
8 Posts
Hey guys
I have the tesla unit, have also the factory navi with amp.
Gonna put an aftermarket amp so i get better sound quality.
My problem is the pins in the harnesse that i got with the tesla unit have a different position and i need to re pin it to got the steering wheel controls work and other stuff work ?.

Do anyone know witch pins are for steering wheel controls and witch color is it?
Anyone have the diagram for the amped stereo pins?

I search on the internet but i didn't fint the right one. I found only one and it not look like how mine factory pined. See picture Down below

The diagram told that the m-can high have pin nr 1 and m-can low have pin nr 13. But when i look at my connector i see that pin 1 and 2 is empty.

I have alpine amp in the trunk, it have 3 connector in it (2 white and 1 gray for the speakers i guss?)

Please check my thread and am thankful if anyone can help
https://www.optimaforums.com/forum/...7-help-infinity-sound-system.html#post2202659

Text Font

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just curios, want to see how people are getting on with this aftermarket “Tesla style” head unit w/ digital ac controls? Is it still working good for you? Do you have any issues with it? Any regret buying it? I’m most nervous I think about the cpu speed & ram and also the touch screen sensitivity. The touch screen seems to be pretty decent from vids but how is the processing speed? Looked a little slower than I hoped but totally better than stock or my shitty old pioneer.
I have a 2011 SX that originally came with the base stereo but currently have a pioneer app radio 3 I think...(prior to apple car play being included in third party units.)
Anyway want to see how it works with apple car play since most people seem to have android phones in this thread.

Can you wire the stock Bluetooth mic into the unit (I spliced the connection in to make it work for my app radio...I think I had to add a 3.5mm headphone type jack to the factory Bluetooth mic lead...does this unit use the same type of input or will I need to wire it through a pin in the car or radio dongle? I’m assuming my aftermarket back up can should be plug and play with the standard coax connection and trigger wire. I’m a little nervous about the talk of having to repin or move leads to match up to this radios dongle...can anyone elaborate anymore? Was that just for the higher end Navi or uvo radio trim models?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got mine installed on Tuesday in my 2013 Optima SX
The unit itself is great. I love the functionality, however the sound is not great. It is a radio after all. I need good quality audio
Installer could not figure out the pin issue even though I tried to explain it to him. I have the Metra interface and the SPIDF to retain the factory amp. They didn't use either of them
Bypassed factory amp completely and just ran wires to all speakers.
Sound is ok at low to medium volumes. Gets really bad at higher volumes. Lot of distortion. Will be going back to the audio shop this weekend. They gotta figure it out & fix it.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
7 Posts
Got mine installed on Tuesday in my 2013 Optima SX
The unit itself is great. I love the functionality, however the sound is not great. It is a radio after all. I need good quality audio
Installer could not figure out the pin issue even though I tried to explain it to him. I have the Metra interface and the SPIDF to retain the factory amp. They didn't use either of them
Bypassed factory amp completely and just ran wires to all speakers.
Sound is ok at low to medium volumes. Gets really bad at higher volumes. Lot of distortion. Will be going back to the audio shop this weekend. They gotta figure it out & fix it.
Hey J Shaw, I just installed a T style radio on a 2012 Kia Optima with Android 8.1 4G Ram and 32G Memory works really good. Like you mentioned the sound of it is not very good even when you turn it up to MAX (40), Factory camera was not retained, and disconnecting the Passenger airbag light from the dash made the Airbag light come on on the cluster. Did your Radio Shop figure out the sound part? Did they install an aftermarket camera, and did your Airbag light come on?

·
'MURICA
2013 Kia Optima
117 Posts
Has anyone heard used this one? Looks like it uses Android 7

https://rhinoradios.com/products/ki...3V9ZrXoW8KPPelvrpSRLuNhi0syKEvAoaAlZuEALw_wcB

Or would you guys recommend going with the Phoenix one...

https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.co...9&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign
The boys at my Dodge forum have had many issues with the T-Style from Phoenix and the Rhino guys get the same units all from China. One guy got his (China also uggh) from Krando and it works great so far. Maybe check their website for Kia.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
7 Posts
The boys at my Dodge forum have had many issues with the T-Style from Phoenix and the Rhino guys get the same units all from China. One guy got his (China also uggh) from Krando and it works great so far. Maybe check their website for Kia.
I think they are all made from the same manufacturer, KIRINAVI is the manufacturer and they just box the radios for Phoenix Radios and Rhino Radios. The one I bought has the a newer version of Android it has 8.1 and more Ram that what Phoenix and Rhino have.

It works good, boots up fast and apps respond quickly.

The only problem is the sound is too low compared to the factory radio, and the radio does not support factory back up camera so an after market has to be installed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey J Shaw, I just installed a T style radio on a 2012 Kia Optima with Android 8.1 4G Ram and 32G Memory works really good. Like you mentioned the sound of it is not very good even when you turn it up to MAX (40), Factory camera was not retained, and disconnecting the Passenger airbag light from the dash made the Airbag light come on on the cluster. Did your Radio Shop figure out the sound part? Did they install an aftermarket camera, and did your Airbag light come on?
I haven't gone back yet. Thought about just trying to figure it out myself
Just haven't made time.
I knew the factory camera wouldn't work. I have an aftermarket camera.
Probably go back to the shop and have them install that.
I've not had airbag lights or any other warning lights come one.

·
'MURICA
2013 Kia Optima
117 Posts
I think they are all made from the same manufacturer, KIRINAVI is the manufacturer and they just box the radios for Phoenix Radios and Rhino Radios. The one I bought has the a newer version of Android it has 8.1 and more Ram that what Phoenix and Rhino have.

It works good, boots up fast and apps respond quickly.

The only problem is the sound is too low compared to the factory radio, and the radio does not support factory back up camera so an after market has to be installed.
Cool. Check it

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
7 Posts
I haven't gone back yet. Thought about just trying to figure it out myself
Just haven't made time.
I knew the factory camera wouldn't work. I have an aftermarket camera.
Probably go back to the shop and have them install that.
I've not had airbag lights or any other warning lights come one.
I was thinking about using a PAC LD-10 to boost the sound from the RCA's to the amp and adding an aftermarket camera. I'm going to disconnect the battery terminals and wait for a about 5 minutes and see if that re-sets the airbag light.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts