2013 Kia Optima
11 Posts
Which K5 group? Plenty to choose from!

·
Registered
2013 KIA Optima SXL
165 Posts
And what is Facebook?
The place where you go if you want to see what I installed in my car.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Which K5 group? Plenty to choose from!
K5 Optima Owners

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 KIA Optima SXL
165 Posts
Here you go. I hope this helps. I tried to capture as much as possible.
Oh, do you have a link to see it? I'm very interested in seeing more. The picture here kind of makes it look like the tablet is flat like a table-top, but from what I understand, the tablet is vertical?

·
Registered
2013 KIA Optima SXL
165 Posts
If it's in the play store you can install it. NOt sure why you would want to install Angry Birds on your head unit and bog down its operation. All I cared for was AC (the most important part), Navigation, Radio. Torque is a plus and CC cleaner to clean u the system once per week.
Hold on, can you just install any old app on the tablet? I saw stuff like Torque and CCleaner. Could you install something like Angry Birds?
---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Mine is an SXL with Infinity System. I don't know if it will work with the factory amp, I don't think it will. I have a canbuss harness that I bought that I will be installing today to test. But am doubtful. It doesn't have spdif which the amp has. I don't need the amp because I have had my aftermarket setup on my 13 SXL since I bought it. All I care t cared for that was the most important thing to me was the AC and that works.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima LX
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Nice. So basically, these units will only work on the SX, SX-L or EX with dual climate HVAC controls?
The HVAC controls on the tablet won't work on the non-dual climate controls such on the LX models?

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,328 Posts
Mine is an SXL with Infinity System. I don't know if it will work with the factory amp, I don't think it will. I have a canbuss harness that I bought that I will be installing today to test. But am doubtful. It doesn't have spdif which the amp has. I don't need the amp because I have had my aftermarket setup on my 13 SXL since I bought it. All I care t cared for that was the most important thing to me was the AC and that works.
Thanks again for the detailed info. Any developments with the canbus harness testing?

Oh, forgot to ask:

1) About how long does it take to boot up and start using the system, like when you use it the first time after the car sat turned off overnight, how long do you wait? I'm used to the wait time of my stock non-UVO nav unit, so I can put up with a wait time.

2) Is your unit connected to a backup camera? If so, can you give some impressions on how long it takes to start using the backup camera after first turning on the car - is it about the same time as the normal bootup of the system, or does the camera add some more loading time?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Confirmed that these units are capable to work on an Amplified system. The unit was installed into a 2013 SX with Uvo, Infinity, and auto dual climate. The units will Not just plug in. It takes an installer with knowledge but these are fully compatible. Everything works except the following. Factory USB port and fader. All speakers play though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Thanks again for the detailed info. Any developments with the canbus harness testing?

Oh, forgot to ask:

1) About how long does it take to boot up and start using the system, like when you use it the first time after the car sat turned off overnight, how long do you wait? I'm used to the wait time of my stock non-UVO nav unit, so I can put up with a wait time.

2) Is your unit connected to a backup camera? If so, can you give some impressions on how long it takes to start using the backup camera after first turning on the car - is it about the same time as the normal bootup of the system, or does the camera add some more loading time?
It take a good 90 seconds to boot up fully. Back up cam will work within 15 seconds or so but no grid lines until full boot.

·
Banned
3,283 Posts
See if there is sleep timeout in the setting. Other Chinese android stereos I've seen will let you go to sleep and then quickly reboot if you turn your car back on within a couple of hours.

·
Registered
93 Posts
See if there is sleep timeout in the setting. Other Chinese android stereos I've seen will let you go to sleep and then quickly reboot if you turn your car back on within a couple of hours.
This is not a android 7 unit. No sleep mode.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Nice! Where did you get that bootup wallpaper image?
From the person in it. :)

41 - 60 of 100 Posts