1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK looks like I'm going to get this, maybe in spring and hopefully after another slight price drop. Very good idea to use all the vertical space, that's just WOW factor neat.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I saw this too, and one of our customers is going to try it out and let us know if it's any good.

My concern is the slower processor and the ok pixels of the screen.
Hey are you considering carrying these, assuming they turn out to be not too crappy? Yes, the slow processor could be a concern, but what I'm hoping is that the processor is good enough to mirror my phone. Then I'll just use the vast big display as a big dumb monitor, and my whatever-brand-spanking-new phone will handle all the heavy lifting processing/updates/back-end.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,091 Posts
Hey are you considering carrying these, assuming they turn out to be not too crappy? Yes, the slow processor could be a concern, but what I'm hoping is that the processor is good enough to mirror my phone. Then I'll just use the vast big display as a big dumb monitor, and my whatever-brand-spanking-new phone will handle all the heavy lifting processing/updates/back-end.
Yes, absolutely. They are a local company out here in Los Angeles County (Beverly Hills).

If the product proves to be even semi-decent, we will definitely reach out to the manufacturer to began carrying the product.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just bit the bullet and purchased one of these. Impulse buy really. I had originally ordered a Sony unit that was Carplay/Android auto compatible. But cancelled that when I saw this. I hope I don't regret it.

I'll keep you updated when I get it in hand and let you know how the install and operation goes in my 2014 SX.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I just bit the bullet and purchased one of these. Impulse buy really. I had originally ordered a Sony unit that was Carplay/Android auto compatible. But cancelled that when I saw this. I hope I don't regret it.

I'll keep you updated when I get it in hand and let you know how the install and operation goes in my 2014 SX.
Looking forward to hearing about your experience trying to install this.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well I placed my order on 12/19 and it has yet to even ship out. The guys at Phoenix Android Radio said "Sorry about the delay. It's still being processed. The Optima unit is not popular yet, and there were delays due to holidays". They were hopeful it would go out in a couple days. So am I.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,091 Posts
Well I placed my order on 12/19 and it has yet to even ship out. The guys at Phoenix Android Radio said "Sorry about the delay. It's still being processed. The Optima unit is not popular yet, and there were delays due to holidays". They were hopeful it would go out in a couple days. So am I.
No way, wow!! Almost as if they don't have the inventory in stock or something. Sorry to hear this, hope they get it together and have the order shipped out soon for you.

Keep us updated!

·
Registered
19 Posts
No way, wow!! Almost as if they don't have the inventory in stock or something. Sorry to hear this, hope they get it together and have the order shipped out soon for you.

Keep us updated!
I don't think they have any of it in stock honestly. I've been reading lots of people's reviews on them from other car sites and it seems they all come straight from China, not Los Angeles. Mine has officially shipped now BTW, so at least it's on its way now. I'll let you know when it arrives!

·
Registered
87 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, the radio came and it looks great! However, after tearing the dash apart getting the old HU and environmental panel out to put it in, I had NO idea how to transfer the vents to the new radio. It honestly doesn't look possible, almost like they sent me the wrong model for a different year Optima. Here are a couple pics of the current trim with the Phoenix radio. I sent in a message so hopefully I'll hear back soon.

IMG_20180113_121525.jpg IMG_20180113_120133.jpg IMG_20180113_120152.jpg

·
Registered
165 Posts
Pretty excited to see this working in your car. Once you get it worked out I'm getting for my 13 SXL. Been a long time coming so that we could have an upgraded radio in our SXL's.

Well, the radio came and it looks great! However, after tearing the dash apart getting the old HU and environmental panel out to put it in, I had NO idea how to transfer the vents to the new radio. It honestly doesn't look possible, almost like they sent me the wrong model for a different year Optima. Here are a couple pics of the current trim with the Phoenix radio. I sent a message so hopefully, I'll hear back soon.

View attachment 230001 View attachment 230009 View attachment 230017

·
Registered
850 Posts
Well, the radio came and it looks great! However, after tearing the dash apart getting the old HU and environmental panel out to put it in, I had NO idea how to transfer the vents to the new radio. It honestly doesn't look possible, almost like they sent me the wrong model for a different year Optima. Here are a couple pics of the current trim with the Phoenix radio. I sent in a message so hopefully I'll hear back soon.

View attachment 230001 View attachment 230009 View attachment 230017
They sent you the wrong one. That will only fit on a 11-13 optima. You need the one for 14-15.

Just by looking at it I can tell its the wrong one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
They sent you the wrong one. That will only fit on a 11-13 optima. You need the one for 14-15.

Just by looking at it I can tell its the wrong one.

I just figured that out and was coming here to update. Man what a pain in the ass. Isn't this the whole reason they have you email them a picture of your current dashboard??? It would be one thing if this was Amazon, but freaking China. Last night they replied that "we can supply trim" but honestly it definitely looks like there's no easy way to swap the radio out of this 12-13 trim and put it into something they might send me. So I think you're right, it'll probably end up going back.

I'm now on the fence whether I want a refund or to carry through with the correct model year.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Before you send it back can you please take pictures of the back, cables, and manual if it came with one for the rest of us? Thanks for helping us. I spoke to the due in Beverly Hills when it first was posted and seems very nice and helpful.

lQUOTE=Dave5150;2159945]Well, the radio came and it looks great! However, after tearing the dash apart getting the old HU and environmental panel out to put it in, I had NO idea how to transfer the vents to the new radio. It honestly doesn't look possible, almost like they sent me the wrong model for a different year Optima. Here are a couple pics of the current trim with the Phoenix radio. I sent in a message so hopefully I'll hear back soon.

View attachment 230001 View attachment 230009 View attachment 230017 [/QUOTE]

I just figured that out and was coming here to update. Man what a pain in the ass. Isn't this the whole reason they have you email them a picture of your current dashboard??? It would be one thing if this was Amazon, but freaking China. Last night they replied that "we can supply trim" but honestly it definitely looks like there's no easy way to swap the radio out of this 12-13 trim and put it into something they might send me. So I think you're right, it'll probably end up going back.

I'm now on the fence whether I want a refund or to carry through with the correct model year.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
About this Discussion
80 Replies
22 Participants
Elmatador1177
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing