Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help Guys I am Stumped,

I did search here and KIA forums and while there are some possible solutions I would like to see if anyone here had the same problem and can maybe help head me to the light (bad pun intended)

2013 KIA SXL Headlights have been working fine, body shop fixed a dent on the hood caused by a wild 2x4 on the road, after that the low beams are not working at all.

Everything else works from the license plate bulbs to the fogs, DLRs, brakes, High Beams, etc. to the glove box bulb. The body shop is trying to figure it also but they are scratching their heads since they removed the hood to paint it, and didn't touch anything else.

The lightbulbs are stocks HID and they are good, the fuses....well they are no headlight fuses... just relays.

From the research that I did, seems that the lights have one connector that controls the bulbs and there are no fuses for each light.

Some forums say that the headlights might be bad, but is not common for both to go out, another option is the actual switch. the piece is about 60 buck in rock auto and it doesn't look as bad to change it. What do you guys think? Has anyone have had this problem and if you did how did you fix it.

Any other idea? I am all ears.

Thank you guys

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
562 Posts
Check each connection point with a voltmeter. It may be as simple as an unplugged connector somewhere. How much of your car did they have to disassemble to fix the dent?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check each connection point with a voltmeter. It may be as simple as an unplugged connector somewhere. How much of your car did they have to disassemble to fix the dent?
They just took the hood out. 4 bolts... and the lifter

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, the problem is fixed, I was about to order the switch then:
I unplugged the battery for a while after connecting it back and turning the lights on, the bulbs flickered, so I tried another set of bulbs and those worked (yes tried them before and didn't) I guess disconnecting the battery did the trick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts