Kia Optima Forums banner

101 - 120 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I love when someone posts something as an absolute! Just because this isn't happening to them
they assume everyone else must be on something!!!

AKA self centered!

Not just my opinion, but the Medical Field as well. ;)

·
Banned
155 Posts
I love when someone posts something as an absolute! Just because this isn't happening to them
they assume everyone else must be on something!!!

AKA self centered!

Not just my opinion, but the Medical Field as well. ;)
Lol. Good one. Self centered :lmao: You know what? Well, you probably know that but I just want to do a refresh.

The majority of peoples who run Optima's on this planet is growing rapidly and WE here make up for a very small % of these peoples owning that car. I'm not saying that the problem you have isn't true (my first post was sarcastic but some of you don't seem to get that) but instead of bitching in here, why don't you do all you can and bitch with the same ferocity to a Kia dealer as you do here? And when I say "you" I don't mean YOU only, I mean all the people with this problem.

Two of my next door neighbors own Optima's. One is an SWP EX Luxury, and the other one a Black EX. They drive a lot and I asked them the other day if they had this problem about the steering and they told me that the car is very easy to drive on the highway and that they have absolutely no problem whatsoever with this situation. So, that makes three of us in just a very small sampling. They are not on this forum either.

The problem might be real but do something about it instead of telling how frustrated you are. Here no one can do a thing for you except speculate and speculating ain't gonna repair that problem.;)

Oh and just to make people think I'm rubbing it in even more I have none of.....

No problem with the bluetooth, leather seat cracking. leather wheel peeling, waste gate rattling, faulty fuel level gauge, hard filling at the pump, A/C blowing hot air, rear suspension squeaking noise etc etc. None. Nada! If that's make me self centered well, it gives this word a whole new meaning.

Sorry if that post makes you cringe even more.:\

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I used to have the "twitchy steering" problem, but it's largely cleared up after approx 5000 miles. And the fact that I had it, but it all but went away over time leads me to believe that it might have to do with the tires. And if the problem returns when I rotate the tires in another 2500 miles, I will be convinced that this is the cause.

While the steering remains shall we say, "sensitive", I can now actually let go of the wheel on a straight road and it won't drift into either the right or left lane within 3-5 seconds like it used to.

So yeah, the problem is real (as evidenced by the length of this thread) but not necessarily permanent.

·
Banned
3,283 Posts
wowsers, if you have nothing to contribute to the discussion, why even bother posting? The fact that everything is fine with your car and forever will be, does not solve anyone's problem, or even makes them feel any better.

After an alignment, mine still pulls to the left, perhaps not as fast as before. At least the steering is stiff and rock solid. Hopefully it will go away like in bumpercut's case, once the tires wear in.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I knew it would be easy to goat you into replying. LOL

As you said you were sarcastic and it doesn't help anyone on the forum. I didn't take your message as directed
only to me...the "you" statement.

At this point I'm letting go of this bantering as again it doesn't help anyone on this forum.
The purpose of the forum is helping and good natured joking with each other.
Take care wowsers!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Good for you then. Many of us haven't had that experience. Too many threads like this for it to be a rare occurrence either.
No twitchy stearing here. Stearing behaves like all my other vehicles.

So no this issue is not inherrent with ALL Optimas. It maybe a common issue but it doesn't effect EVERYONE.

·
Banned
155 Posts
Cheers and salutations to all the people / KIA employees who not having this problem. Now please get a life.
So we should get a life because we do not have this problem with our cars? And the one not having that problem are Kia employees. I really feel sorry for you man. You must not have very much going on for you. Good luck!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I just sold my Optima for this issue. It is real.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I just sold my Optima for this issue. It is real.

No one said it isn't real. Only it isn't an issue on ALL Optimas.
There are visitors to this forum who are researching if they should buy one or not. Is it fair to only have those with problems speak out and people only seeing the bad? All we are trying to convey is it is a common problem not a problem that ALL Optimas have.

·
Registered
294 Posts
geez, I wasnt angry - I was just stating that I had the problem, and therefore I sold the car. But IMO - I have owned 2 optima SX's, both 2012s, and they both had somewhat nervous steering, they did not like to go in a straight line, always a little to the left or right. IMO again, I do not think Kia and Hyundai have the art of suspension and tuning perfected yet. Tey have a little while to go. If they could get those two elements down, and work on some body integrity stuff, then they would be golden. Understeer is pretty bad in these cars.

·
Registered
294 Posts
You know, that's what kills me - with a little more work, they could have given it the same feel as a number of other cars - there are **lots** of great-handling FWD cars - GTI, Mspeed3, GLI, Audis, minis, mazda6, but the Optima has numb steering, tremendous, pushy understeer, mediocre grip - we have like .80, .82 - and guess what? The new AWD Ford ESCAPE achieves a .85 - that's just ridiculous for a cute ute from Ford to outhandle the SX. I had a bumpy ride, and nervous twitchy steering for, really, no particular reason. All IMO.

I will cease my trolling now.lol. Car did have a lot of great points as well, don't get me wrong.

101 - 120 of 152 Posts