Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Here I am...4 years later, looking for options. Anyone found any other options besides using either mid or high input? Also If you swapped your s, what speakers did you use?

·
Registered
3 Posts
All you need is any coaxial or seperate speaker with a dedicated separate tweeter attached to the speaker with 2 inputs. I have owned many such speakers. All mb quart pros. But there are many brands that do it. It really isn't that hard. Just google 6.5 inch seperates 2 way. There are thousands of options.
Edit: I am looking for some right now and cannot find any. Back in the 90s they were all the rage. They typically come with passive crossovers so 1 input and 2 outputs for the 2 inputs on the speakers themselves. The tweeter just mounted to the woofer grill. I am shocked I cannot find any in this config. but i will keep looking.

The reason I am hear is I need to know the ohm rating on the pathetic stock 8 inch subwoofer. I am thinking about installing a Rockford Fosgate p3 shallow and I need to know what one to buy as one is dvc 2 or 8 ohms and the other is 4 or 1. Sorry for highjacking your thread but I figured with my answer maybe you would be able to return the favor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh crap I have a sorento... Bouncing around so many forums. I hope they are roughly the same. Also whats the wattage of the subwoofer channel on the infinity amp?
Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
You could get some coaxials and clip the tweeter lead at the input and wire the high pass direct to the tweeter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am in the same spot as you I am going to hook both positives and negative together and put a low pass filter on the positive side.

should I put both +\+ together or +\- from tweeter and midrange signal?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts