Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read on another thread that the SX gauge cluster is compatible with other trims. I rather like the look of the SX cluster and with Ebay prices at ~$60, I'm tempted to pull the trigger on one.

I have a 2013 EX that's as loaded as you can get (pretty much the same as the SX but without the turbo?), so what should I expect if I go through this? I suspect the odometer is tied to the cluster itself, so I assume I'd need a way to reset it legally. I've taken apart dashes in other cars, so I am well prepared for that "enjoyable" experience.

·
Premium Member
2014 Kia Optima EX
61 Posts
I have a 2014 Ex fully loaded and swapped the clusters out about a year and a half ago. You are correct in that you will have to have have the odometer reading reprogrammed as it is stored within the cluster. you will be able to access all your cars functions as before but now with better graphics.I cant speak for anyone else but I have not noticed any added features to my car after the swap. I do wish they had added a speedometer feature to the display. My wifes Jeep has an analog speedometer and a min i led display that shows her mph in numeric form.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Awesome, it seems like a fairly straightforward swap. I'll have to source the interior trim to go around it too, which is going to be the most challenging part.

Edit: I was able to find the trim piece for ~50 bucks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Close the books on this one. Did the swap earlier today and it literally was plug and play!

My est. miles remaining jumped from 222 (pre-swap) to 300 post swap. Yet the fuel gauge is reporting the same amount of gas. I suspect things will correct itself either at the next fill up or with more driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts