Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2012 Kia Optima
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So I just swapped my cluster but the EPB light is on and stays on. I assume it's because I got a '13 cluster and have a '12 car. Any ideas besides pulling the light that powers that EPB warning?
all SX clusters 2011 - 2013 are identical. As for the electronic parking brake light, the 2012 cars do not have this feature so I'm not sure what guidance to give. Do you have an ODBC scanner handy and can see if there are codes that can be reset or turned off?

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
20 Posts
thanks for this write up on how to swap out the clusters. i just bought an SX cluster on ebay for $67.there is only a difference of about 1000 miles or so on the odometers of the 2 clusters. still have to find a bezel cheap :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
20 Posts
so i got the cluster in today. haven't had much luck finding an sx bezel. tried to even order a new one and they seem to be on backorder from kia. so not quite sure what i am gonna do just yet

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
20 Posts
finally did a test fit of my new cluster, works great. still trying to get a sx bezel. ordered one today. the place i ordered it from this time said they had it in stock. haven't been to lucky yet on that. still about 1000 miles more on the sx cluster. gives me time to get my mileage on the car the same as the sx cluster. there is definitely more screws and trim parts that need to be removed on a 2014 then in the OP post. still very helpful. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima LX
110 Posts
20160921_064534.jpg Tested fitted mine and the Bezel's on the way. Got my Bezel from Korea.However the cluster is over 70k.... 14k more than my original cluster

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima LX
110 Posts
Just found out the vendor in Korea is no longer supplying the supervision cluster bezel........ :(
Guess I'll be doing more online search......

·
Registered
2015 Optima EX
3 Posts
Can anyone recommend where to get the new cluster odometer programmed? Prefer to send it off to someone if possible. Thanks

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
163 Posts
Are you guys worried about when it comes time to sell or trade-in that having the wrong mileage will affect the value?

I thought about doing this but can't find the bezel anywhere.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Are you guys worried about when it comes time to sell or trade-in that having the wrong mileage will affect the value?

I thought about doing this but can't find the bezel anywhere.
I wouldn't say it will affect the resale value but to get the SX cluster swap it does look really good though lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 34 of 34 Posts