Kia Optima Forums banner

Switch driver's seat with passenger's

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Turbonut 
#1 ·
Would it be possible to switch the driver's seat with the front passenger's seat? I'm assuming the connections for heated/cooled and power adjustment would simply unplug and plug back in.

Any advice is appreciated.

#5 ·
As well as the location of the power seat adjustment controls (assuming that they are indeed power front seats). Also--depending on trim level I believe the number of power seat control adjustments are different between driver and front passenger seats.

#10 ·
I’ve changed all seats in my 2012 sx. I used set from UK version 2014 sx and transferred only foams and leather. The driver and passenger seats are the same (foams and leather).
If u think about to change the adjusting buttons u can. But need some electrical modifications on harness. Here’s some photos I have.

Attachments

#11 ·
I’ve changed all seats in my 2012 sx. I used set from UK version 2014 sx and transferred only foams and leather. The driver and passenger seats are the same (foams and leather).
If u think about to change the adjusting buttons u can. But need some electrical modifications on harness. Here’s some photos I have.
I assume a right had drive vehicle, so did you swap right, driver's seat to your left, driver's seat?
Reason I ask is that both the foam and leather cover carry different part numbers for the driver/pass seat.

#12 ·
When u take seat out from the car and disassemble the seat u can see tha the foams are exact the same. U can change the seat foam between sides without issues. I can also buy used driver seat after crash and with blown seat airbags and replace the foam form seats easily. U need at least 2-3 tools to do it. It’s very easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.