Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I've seen an other post one someone doing this swap and it was plug and play. SX supervision cluster out in an EX optima 2011-2014 model.

I've been trying to find a cluster, which isn't an issue, I have found lots of them but everyone selling them keep telling me this swap can't be done that it's not compatible.

Now, first off. I have a 2013 kia optima LX Canadian market, and all I can find are US market supervision clusters. Will this make a difference?

And what about if the supervision cluster came out of a 2.0l turbo? Does anybody that make a difference at all and why?

I know the hybrid model clusters won't work, but what about the rest that I just mentioned.

I really Wana do this swap I just don't want to spend 150-200 on a cluster then an otherb150 on a bezel just to find out it won't work.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2k11 Kia Optima EX
40 Posts
I did this swap about a month ago, from a ex to SX cluster.. I paid $90 in total for cluster and bezel. It actually gave me some different options that you don't have with the EX, nothing fancy but cool things. Idk about the Canadian market one, but it should be a direct swap.

·
Premium Member
2014 Kia Optima EX
64 Posts
You don't get performance gains.This is only an instrument cluster not a ECU or TCM. It only displays information such as speed ,rpms fuel level and gives you access to select certain parameters such as turn signal flash, how far back seat may go...etc. I swapped mine recently after having the mileage reprogrammed to match my car. It has some nice sounds but I do wish that the LCD would display speed digitally like my Jeep does even with the speedometer. Anyway its adds a nice high tech look with adding a few new tricks but nothing that will add to performance enchancements.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts