Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Optima
562 Posts
That's like 5k worth of work to do it right, minimum... That having been said, I have heard stories of it being done successfully, just not on that specific model year.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,736 Posts
I don't see why, it would make more sense to trade it in for the model with a factory turbo, and then upgrade the turbo.

This way the engine will have forged internals and cost a lot less than trying to re-build the engine, and then add a turbo kit.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,736 Posts
I spent 10k on our 2002 Corvette adding a supercharger to make 530 rear hp. I like the body style of the sx.
Totally, on a Corvette, it may be worth the investment.

I like the body style of the sx.
Do you mean you like the body style of the LX? Because if that's not what you meant, then the SX Turbo model was what I was recommending.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,600 Posts
Totally, on a Corvette, it may be worth the investment.
(y)At least they make a "kit" for the Vette.
ECS already has a kit for the C8, 1000 HP, or if you've got money, purchase a Nissan GTR and with Jotech Motorsports upgrades 2200HP.

Maybe you'd be the first to Supercharge/Turbo a N/A Kia engine.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I meant the LX.
It is a nice car for the wife. I just like speed.
I put a tuner on our F250 SD Pickup and now it makes 480 hp and 1000 ft torque, and that is with the economy tune.
I added a 511ci Ford FE engine in our 1960 Falcon that makes 767 hp n.a. and 1017 hp with nitrous, so you see that I like a little more than stock.
My wife likes her 2019 Kia Optima LX and adding a little more hp seems like a good thing.
Below is the Falcon engine on Keith Crafts dyno.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 KIA Optima
197 Posts
Long and short of it. Can it be done. Absolutely. But your talking full custom job. No bolt on kits exist. It isnt cost effective.

Imo sell the lx. Buy an SXL, or new k5gt with the stock turbos. You can chip them. They are easier to modify as the base is already there.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If it was me and I "Had" to do it, i'd spray it. That way you can leave the system disarmed while the wife is driving and when you're driving turn it on and use a WOT switch for activation. A 50 shot would be plenty I bet.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it was me and I "Had" to do it, i'd spray it. That way you can leave the system disarmed while the wife is driving and when you're driving turn it on and use a WOT switch for activation. A 50 shot would be plenty I bet.
That's doable. Although a 100 hp shot would be better. She does not use her car much, and we did use it today. I checked and it has 2815 miles on the odometer. Getting on the freeway and blending into traffic, was ok, but not impressive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts