Kia Optima Forums banner

Sub in Backseat?

Tags
backseat sub
2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Schnitz 
#1 ·
I like the idea of putting an enclosed box in my back seat. Rarely do I have backseat passengers, and I could just discconnect the sub on that rare occasion. Currently, I have a sealed box that barely fits. Which is barely acceptable for anybody under about 6' for putting the seat back enough for leg room. With this approach, I could deaden the back seat and upper deck, not have to fuss with the trunk, and have much better sound. Any suggestions on a smaller box that would accomdate my 12" sub? It's a Punch, but I don't know the specs or model. I really prefer solid bass over head-rattling bass.

Vehicle Car Auto part Automotive exterior Trunk
Subwoofer Audio equipment Loudspeaker Car subwoofer Vehicle

And that's a $15 seat cover set from eBay that just about matches my interior. I only used the rear bench cover, note the car seat and mess-making passenger that rides in the middle.

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks like it fits in there well. I couldn't manage that. My passengers get a little to comfortable and nap whatever chance they get ha

#5 ·
what about something that lays flat on the floorboard? make it wider and taller but as shallow as possible. and face the subwoofer up? idk. the trunk is really the best spot.

something above where the cupholder folds out would be awesome. fitting it in that cubby where the armrest folds down. your 12" sub may be too large though. you need a huge box for that thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.