Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I just finished installing sub and amp and wanted to post a couple of pics of the finished product for anyone looking for ideas on how to do theirs or something. I also went ahead and mounted my WMI tank in the spare tire well while I was at it. Kinda sucks not having a spare but I have roadside service if I need it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks good! I just started wiring up my lc2i in my 19. Im trying to finding the best place to tap in to the rear door speakers for it. Also figuring out how to run new door speaker wire for my mids and highs aince the front door has a plug instead of a regular grommet to run the wires through.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tapped in behind the b pillars on each side where the driver and passenger seat belt go into. Actually the lower half right below where the seat belt goes into the pillar. Pop the plastic cover off and you'll see a plug and the speaker wires will be the top two wires mine were a bit faded but here's a couple pics that should help you a bunch.

EX.LX.jpg

Now see the above diagram says rear left hand speaker would be pink and green but the color has faded as you can see below it looks almost orange or yellow or something but then turns pink where the wire was under the tape but that would be where you would tap into for your left on the lc2i and do the same for the right but look for the correct wire color there same thing just brown and white instead of pink and green
15657153376498024416585462540940~2.jpg

Mind you I have a 2015 optima sx with the infinity system and no navigation so depending on your year and model/accessories the wire colors may be different but I would imagine the plug would be the same

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where did you tap into the speakers to get signal for your lc2i?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I answered your question in my previous response but I will attempt to explain again and will again post pictures in an attempt to help you out.

For my lc2i signal I used t taps to tap into the wires I have circled in the picture of the plug below. This plug is behind the lower half of the b pillar (center pillar between front and rear doors) trim.

All the pictures I posted below are for the left hand (driver's) side. The wires I have circled are for the left rear door speaker.

After you pull the b pillar cover loose on the driver's side you will see said plug from image with wires circled. You will now take a look at the diagram i posted below that has all the speaker wire colors for each coinciding speaker to determine you are tapping the correct wire for your positive and negative connection to your lc2i. This diagram may or may not work for your car all I know is that it worked for mine which is a 2015 optima sx turbo with infinity system and no navigation. There is a slight possibility the wire colors of your car could be a different color than my car depending on the year, trim, etc of your car. My guess is that it will work just fine for you but be aware that there is a possibility your wire colors may differ from mine as I don't know what exact vehicle your car is but I doubt it. If yours is different just Google the wire colors for your car but you probably won't need to.

Anyways, according to the diagram, it says for left rear speaker pink is positive and green is negative. Those are the two wires I have circled and that is where you will be getting your signal for your lc2i.

Now just repeat the process on passenger side but instead of pink and green wire the diagram says brown (+) and white (-) find those wires tap into them for signal and run the wire to lc2i and that's it.

Test it to make sure it is working then run and hide your cables however you feel like and you're done!

I will add the pictures below and I really hope this helps. Let me know if you can't figure it out and what you are having trouble with if you get stuck anywhere and I will try and help if I'm able to. I hope this gets you where you need to be good luck!!

This is the diagram showing all the speaker wire colors for every speaker in the car and shows you which is positive and negative.
EX.LX.jpg

This is the plug behind the drivers side b pillar with a circle showing the wires you need to tap. Green is negative pink is positive. Color will likely be faded which makes the pink wire look yellow or orange so peel some of the tape off and you should be able to see its actually pink
15657153376498024416585462540940~2.jpg

Here is the b pillar that the plug is hiding under. You will only need to pry the bottom half (P) loose to gain access to the plug and wires you will be tapping into
2013-103-12.jpg

And here is a picture of the type of clips holding that trim in place and where they are located so you know where to work your pry tool to pop the lower trim off
sydbd4103n.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts