Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
The same thing happened to me today. It would start, but not come out of Park. No Tach, Spedo, water temp and all warning lights lit. Electronic Power steering out, no AC. I could manually shift if I did it in conjunction with lifting off accelorator like if I was using a clutch. Got it to dealership with no problems.

Mine is a 2012 EX with everything but Nav. November 2011 build date. Mine also had the left pull steering issue that was resolved by dealer with help from Kia District Parts and Service Manager.

·
Registered
4 Posts
As described earlier in the thread, it was indeed the ground problem. The dealership found the TSB and had it fixed in less than a day.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
28 Posts
Bringing this back from the dead to see if mine is the same problem. Below is a video I took as it finally happened while I was in the car yesterday. In this instance, after the video, I used the key to push in the shift lock button and drove away. After I came to the first stop in the parking lot, the transmission seemed to jump, and everything went back to normal, except the check engine light, which stayed on until we got home. Of course, this happened on a Sunday so the dealership was closed. When we took it a week ago, they kept the car all day and drove it a few times, but of course it never happened for them. This has been happening off and on for two weeks now, but this morning was back to normal.

For those of you that say it was a ground problem, what do you mean exactly? I mentioned that last week after reading this thread, and they said they checked everything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What ended up happening?
I actually tried a search, but didn't come up with anything definitive. The problem with searching is knowing what terms to use to find what you're looking for. "Stuck in Park" didn't yield much.

I'll post the answer to the problem when I can get the car to a dealer next week.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts