Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2014 kia Optima
340 Posts
Me and a buddy checked the nut portion of the rear and felt like even if we dropped the frame the collar wouldn't be able to sit properly.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
28,936 Posts
Some of the rear sub-frame assemblies (my 2011) are held in pace by 4 bolts whereas others are held in place by 2 bolts and two studs w/nuts (my 2013) meaning you would have to remove the sub-frame completely to install the last 2 rings.
I think this make sense and is the way it is on certain models.

Me and a buddy checked the nut portion of the rear and felt like even if we dropped the frame the collar wouldn't be able to sit properly.
Hmm I'll have to look into this more to see about it.

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 170
2,115 Posts
LOL I took one look and said "Screw that!" and I can be slightly OCD about stuff like that. Way too much work for 2 bushings. Ha ha...

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,936 Posts
LOL I took one look and said "Screw that!" and I can be slightly OCD about stuff like that. Way too much work for 2 bushings. Ha ha...
Haha yeah I am super OCD myself, but not sure if it was too difficult that I would take it on myself. I usually bring jobs like this to a professional auto mechanic to do.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
It's not hard at all to install these. You just loosen everything up enough to lower the sub-frames, pop the rings in and then tighten everything back up. I did it in my garage in about an about an hour with hand tools and no lift. But removing the rear sub frame completely off the car to get those last two on those studs would turn it into a major project.

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,461 Posts
It's not hard at all to install these. You just loosen everything up enough to lower the sub-frames, pop the rings in and then tighten everything back up. I did it in my garage in about an about an hour with hand tools and no lift. But removing the rear sub frame completely off the car to get those last two on those studs would turn it into a major project.
Maybe it is enough to just do the rear stiff rings you can easily get to. Sounds reasonable I would think.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Yep, I just used the 6 that I could do out back. Worked fine for me.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,936 Posts
I agree, installation is not very difficult at all. I didn't think you would have to remove the subframe completely from the car, wonder why certain models have this issue and others do not. Hmm.....

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Probably just to make it easier to install the rear sub during production.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,936 Posts
We have these in stock for the 2011-2015 Kia Optima!

These are now available by special order for the 2016-2020 Kia Optima models.

If you have a 2016-2020 Optima, and are interested in this product, please send us an email directly.

This is one mod that makes a night & day difference in the way the car feels when daily driving.

Eliminate the vibration you get when going over potholes & uneven surfaces.

Makes your Kia Optima feel much smoother as well.

Also be sure to check out all of our items, in our subforum below:

Optima Forums - Sub Forum - Site Sponsor - K5 Optima Store

[email protected]

21 - 31 of 31 Posts