Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Vendor
2012 Kia Optima
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

Is now the official North American Distributor for:

Kia Optima/Hyundai Sonata Stiff Ring Chassis Collars

(BUY NOW)

Description:
This fantastic mod will help correct the basic geometry of your chassis
These collars fill in the gap between the subframe bolts and bolt holes
Greatly reduce vibration and increase driver feedback
Protect and prolong your vehicles undercarriage
Improve your vehicles handling charcteristics

Available Sets:
Full 14 piece set for front and rear
8 piece set for rear
6 piece set for front

Anodized Color Options:
Blue/Red/Black
(Also available in non anodized as well)

Vehicle Applications:
2011 - 2015 Kia Optima (All models)
2011-2014 Hyundai Sonata (All models)

(Reviews from customers on the manufacturers FB page)

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING!

·
Registered
2012 Kia K5
1,816 Posts
These Stiff Rings instantly made a difference on how the car feels, I have them installed along with some other mods and the car handles much better.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
2020 Audi R8 V10+ & Tesla Model X P100D
28,936 Posts
These Stiff Rings instantly made a difference on how the car feels, I have them installed along with some other mods and the car handles much better.
Thanks for sharing BRIO13, these definitely will make a difference in the way the car feels after installing. :thumbsup:

·
09/2013 ROTM, 06/2014 ROTM
2013 Optima LX
2,828 Posts
I can atest to this, definitely a great mod that changes the feel of how you drive.

·
Premium Member
2012 Kia Optima SX-T
1,461 Posts
I can atest to this, definitely a great mod that changes the feel of how you drive.
Is it a pain to install under the car? Any special tools or technique needed?

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,936 Posts
Thanks Jason. We have received nothing but great results from our customers on these since we've been selling them.

Is it a pain to install under the car? Any special tools or technique needed?
Not really, much easier to install with a lift, however it can be done without one. You can find MDJammins DIY on the forum here:

Rigid Collars / Stiff Rings - Install tips & videos

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
94 Posts
For sure! Probably on Monday because there's a car in my body shop that has some axle issues so can't come down till it's fixed ugh! Darn subies

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
94 Posts
Hey all! Ride feels a lot sturdier than before and I believe these little things are worth it. Definitely apply some wd-40 when tightening because probably they've never been taken out so tightening can be a struggle for some of them. Also, it is advised to use an impact to take them out because we had a heck of a time getting them off. However installation was easy and make sure to read the instructions on tightening by hand. In sure in between it's possible to tighten with a power tool but only to a point and finish by hand. Here are pics of locations for the subframe. Also, highly advise a lift because taking them off when you're on the ground and having no leverage makes it nearly impossible. All in all a great buy and much more of an impact for our vehicles compared to a strut bar.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,936 Posts
Hey all! Ride feels a lot sturdier than before and I believe these little things are worth it. Definitely apply some wd-40 when tightening because probably they've never been taken out so tightening can be a struggle for some of them. Also, it is advised to use an impact to take them out because we had a heck of a time getting them off. However installation was easy and make sure to read the instructions on tightening by hand. In sure in between it's possible to tighten with a power tool but only to a point and finish by hand. Here are pics of locations for the subframe. Also, highly advise a lift because taking them off when you're on the ground and having no leverage makes it nearly impossible. All in all a great buy and much more of an impact for our vehicles compared to a strut bar.
Awesome review Owen. Thank you for taking the time to write this. No pictures were posted though. I know you said here are the pictures and locations. Very happy to hear that you notice an impact with these installed.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
94 Posts
Well if possible could you post the pictures I sent you? I tried posting it on here but the uploader is kind of stupid on mobile.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,936 Posts
Well if possible could you post the pictures I sent you? I tried posting it on here but the uploader is kind of stupid on mobile.
Just seeing your post now. Can you send me them again so I can post them? You can also load them using Imgur and paste the BBCode here.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,936 Posts
interested in a set of these rings for my 13 KOH. ship to canada?
Yes sir we sure do, and also free of charge as well.

Shipping to Canada:

1) FREE shipping

2) No duties or brokerage fees

3) No customs fees or taxes

In stock & ready to ship with same day shipping. :)

·
Registered
2014 kia Optima
340 Posts
Awesome product, really is a night and day difference! Note: I believe it's the 14's or Lx, don't use all collars.its 6 up front and 6 in the rear.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
28,936 Posts
Awesome product, really is a night and day difference! Note: I believe it's the 14's or Lx, don't use all collars.its 6 up front and 6 in the rear.
Thank you, we think so too. It's pretty impressive what these small little pieces can do overall on the way the car feels.

You know I have come across a few models that don't use all 8 pieces in the rear, not sure what the determining factor on that is TBH.

·
Registered
2019 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 170
2,115 Posts
Some of the rear sub-frame assemblies (my 2011) are held in pace by 4 bolts whereas others are held in place by 2 bolts and two studs w/nuts (my 2013) meaning you would have to remove the sub-frame completely to install the last 2 rings.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts