Kia Optima Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Not to beleaguer the topic, but the dim-ness of the Optima lighting is especially odd considering that I also have a Sorento and the mood lighting, steering wheel, switches etc are perfectly brightly lit by comparison. I'll also add that the Sorento "remote locking chirp" is WAY nicer than our sad half-horn toot... lol I think its just odd since usually interior switch lighting is kind of a no-brainer...

·
Registered
2015 Kia Optima
46 Posts
Wow! You must be from New Yowk!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok so I actually read a post I cant remember where. But, you can change out steering wheel lights and the lights for the shifter and buttons on arm rest for windows and such.

But, it involves buying the right led lights and unsoddering the old ones and soldering the new ones in its place.

You have to take off the horn on the steering wheel the the plastic panels to get to them lightings.
The door is the same and the shifter is the same. But I do not know what the lights are for it or else I would. Still looking for the right lights.

Now whether or not you have to run new wiring to back up that much juice being transferred to the lights. I dont know.

·
Registered
2011 Kia 2011 Kia Optima SX
1 Posts
Ok so I actually read a post I cant remember where. But, you can change out steering wheel lights and the lights for the shifter and buttons on arm rest for windows and such.

But, it involves buying the right led lights and unsoddering the old ones and soldering the new ones in its place.

You have to take off the horn on the steering wheel the the plastic panels to get to them lightings.
The door is the same and the shifter is the same. But I do not know what the lights are for it or else I would. Still looking for the right lights.

Now whether or not you have to run new wiring to back up that much juice being transferred to the lights. I dont know.
I fixed this in my 2011 SX by doing just that... Removed the steering wheel, disassembled each control, and soldered on these new, brighter LEDs that I ordered from Amazon.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts