Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ideas on how to brighten the control lighting on the steering wheel? At night, those controls are very hard to see, as they are very dim compared to the rest of the interior control lighting. I tried to dim the main console lighting to get better visibility, but the steering wheel lights still are very hard to see. Is there a way to get into the steering wheel itself and change out the color, put in a blue bulb or something to replace the red? Thanks!

·
Experience
712 Posts
I've learned where th switches are after 2 months and don't have to look for them...lit or not.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Optima
65 Posts
Noticed same problem - annoying... can't understand how the interior design missed this one. Called service and they are going to open a TAC... not holding my breath...

·
Registered
2019 Kia Optima
76 Posts
just got mine yesterday and noticed the same thing. if anyone has any info or updates, please let us know.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Raise your hand and press the dome light.

·
01/2012 ROTM
2,434 Posts
^^^:lmao:

·
01/2012 ROTM
2,434 Posts
Unless you plan on modifying the electronic circuitry that controls the steering wheel lighting, just do what the rest of us do and memorize the button locations. Even my pet Monkey knows where they are now without looking:D

·
Registered
288 Posts
I'm also annoyed by the dim steering wheel lights. Why go to the trouble to install lights and then make them so dim they are useless?

·
Registered
2019 Kia Optima
76 Posts
i'm kinda surprised most of you are ok with this. for me, it's not about knowing where the switches are [after almost week i do] but it's the aesthetics. i thought the red lighting on the wheel looked hot. as someone who likes my dash fairly dark when i drive at night, the low dash setting renders the steering wheel lights almost invisible. i think instead of being so complacent, we should be complaining to kia. it would seem like a very easy fix for them to either add some kind of additional rheostat [on my SX there are two empty switch slots next to the dash dimmer and traction control switches] or at least give us the option of a "one-shot" adjustment. i haven't driven much at night yet, but i also don't recall even seeing the "mood lighting" under the front door arm rests. if i can't see them, trust me, there will be a problem. either give me what you promise me, or don't offer me something you can't deliver. i don't know about the rest of you, but my money doesn't come easy. i want what i paid for.

i'll get off my soapbox now....

1 - 20 of 44 Posts