Kia Optima Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else with a 2016+ have this horrid popping sound whenever turning the wheel at standstill? Took it to Kia and even though the noise is VERY present they said “we don’t hear it” so they sent me off with that one with no repair.

kia has some of the WORST customer service I’ve ever experienced, with my 2015 and my 2017 it seems like they’ve gotten worse.

·
Registered
2012 Black SX Prem. & Tech.
2,101 Posts
Can you record a video with sound so we can hear it?

Probably the steering coupler, a known issue in some years (not sure about your car, what year is yours?)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you record a video with sound so we can hear it?

Probably the steering coupler, a known issue in some years (not sure about your car, what year is yours?)
mine is a 17’. Apparently there’s no recall for the 2017s for it. Trying to upload video now.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a '16 and do not have the sound. But a friend with an '18 has it. She had the dealer fix it once, but she said that she still has some of the sound.

·
Registered
2011 KIA Optima
49 Posts
Not with my Kia but I've owned another vehicle in the past with this problem that eventually got a recall for it. It is indeed a loose coupling somewhere. If you can easily reproduce it and the dealer says that they cannot, then insist that they be in the vehicle with you while you drive to show them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone else with a 2016+ have this horrid popping sound whenever turning the wheel at standstill? Took it to Kia and even though the noise is VERY present they said “we don’t hear it” so they sent me off with that one with no repair.

kia has some of the WORST customer service I’ve ever experienced, with my 2015 and my 2017 it seems like they’ve gotten worse.

I have a 2017 and I have taken it to three different mechanics. Mine makes a clunking sound from a standstill turn when I accelerate. It clunks. Kia wants me to replace my transmission for 7.5k

1 - 8 of 8 Posts