Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Optima
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sometimes when i'm turning, I can hear a whine consistent with my turning the steering wheel? Anyone know what this is caused by? Bad ground?

·
Registered
2013 Ebony SXL Turbo: Original Everything @ about 189K with Drag wheels.
348 Posts
That would be my first guess, motor grounds (or it wouldn't work) but not solid as it should causing noise thru stereo.

·
Registered
24 Posts
did you install any aftermarket audio in your car . it is definitely a bad ground somewhere along the line or your speaker wires are getting some cross-talk.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you do any work inside the car remove and remove any interior panels ? Behind the back seat passenger side seat belt cushion is one of the factory ground points for your speakers also your alternator and battery ground I would check out since it's happening when you are turning the wheel have you had your battery replaced recently ? Any type of noise you would be getting is due to a ground issue. I also forgot to ask do you have the infinity system or navigation or is it the no navigation or infinity system because if you do have infinity system then you have a factory amplifier and that could lead to other possibilities where you're issue is coming from.

·
Registered
2011 Optima
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, I haven't taken an panels or wiring off. I don't think That I have the infinity system. I don't see nothing that syates Infinity. it also only happens on AM stations very faintly. Also, sometimes i can hear the turn signal clicking too, just a little. I think it might be with the lights on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
oh if its just on am stations then i wouldn't worry to much your antenna must be picking up a little crosstalk if its not going to drive you nuts i wouldn't stress it to much but if u cant live with it i would suggest bringing it to dealer or a professional only way to diagnose this issue is to actually be hands on and do some testing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts