Kia Optima Forums banner

741 - 755 of 755 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
My father took my 2014 EX into the Dealer for Service today. Apparently the only two options on my car were EX Standard and EX Sport, and I was already in EX Sport. They changed it to EX Standard.

Will be interested to see what difference this makes once I get home.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Called my local kia in North bay ontario and they want to charge me $50.00... for all I know previous owner already did this change and I'd pay for nothing.. anyone else told there's a charge for this? 2012 kia optima sx 110k km on it. I personally don't trust my dealer seeing as this is the same place that charged me to fix my waste gate voltage and charged me $200 to do so.. and the car has no boost now until it's warmed up on a hot day. But can't bring it back or they'll charge me a other 200!

·
Registered
58 Posts
random question - after programming the steering to sport mode, i hit a pothole over the weekend and now it feels like its looser steering again. doesn't seem to veer off any, just looser. Is it possible to knock it out of that mode ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
update - they replaced the coupler and adjusted the steering from SX lite to SX standard. (though i thought it was already SX standard, guess not) rides much better. all for free too.. pretty pleased with KIA customer service lately.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was too lazy to look around to see if this was answered but i'm taking in my 14 LX to have it serviced this Friday and I assume i can have the mode changed considering mine has electronic power steering like the rest of them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think I need to do this change on my 2015 SX-T. At highway speeds I'm constantly doing the auto correct of the wheel. I thought at first I would just get used to it but if it can be changed I would probably prefer that. From what I gather my car probably is in SX Standard and I should change it to SX Sport? Anyhow, I'm getting my tires changed in a couple weeks so will probably do it after that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My steering is overly responsive, so maybe it's set to max....

I'll check it out at the service center next week.
Same here! Almost "stiff" and tiring on a long drive. This is good to hear though, I thought I was stuck holding on to this think like a tractor!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Does anyone have some awesome alignment specs for these cars to help the steering issues? Even if the tires wear a bit more it would be nice for the car to track as good as other cars I have owned...even after changing the setting for the better.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I know this thread is kinda old but I can do this for anyone local to or willing to drive to Glen Burnie, or Baltimore, MD.
Hey man, thanks for the offer! However, I am in Phoenix, AZ :rolleyes:. Can you tell me what kind of OBD hardware/software, etc that is needed to accomplish this?

Thanks,
Shep

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

BTW - Found this online for the 2015 Optima - "Drive Mode Select (DMS), which offers owners a customizable driving experience by adjusting transmission shift points and steering weight, remains exclusive to the SX Turbo and SX Limited."

Unfortunately my EX does not have it as "User selectable". It can however be done at a dealer.

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

If a Dealer can't figure it out, just show them the pictures I posted above. It shows what section of the software they need to go to change the settings for your steering wheel.

HAVE THEM LOOK FOR THESE KEY WORDS:

SYSTEM > STEERING/POWER STEERING
EPS TYPE RECOGNITION
[EPS VARIANT CODING]
Your pics are no longer available. Do you have them somewhere else?

741 - 755 of 755 Posts
About this Discussion
754 Replies
224 Participants
1st timer
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing