Kia Optima Forums banner

21 - 40 of 755 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Went to the dealership today about this. Technician knew what I was talking about. There is 3 settings of the steering mode. Didn't do it though, wanted me to pay $58 for something so simple to do for them. Thats Bull.

That's pretty weak on their part! I would push it as a safety thing to the store manager and demand them set it to a setting of your satisfaction. I had them do mine when I took it in for an oil change and was not charged a single extra dime. You could always bring it up to corporate and go that route. For them to attempt to charge you $58 for something that will come on the 2014 model to be done by the owner "on a whim" is probably the worst form of nickel and diming a service center could do to their customers. It's crap like that that will push people away from a brand faster than anything. Sorry to hear that bro... good luck!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sub'd to see if this is available for EX???
Drew... I believe we all have the same computer assisted steering programs, regardless of trim level... they're just set differently from the get-go. Give your service dept a call and see what they tell you. If you're having this problem too, then I'd say it's more of a programming issue and KIA should do a recall for it and have their cars remapped with a better "sport" setting that doesn't give us the "zig zag/drunk driver weave" effect on the highway. JMHO.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Drew... I believe we all have the same computer assisted steering programs, regardless of trim level... they're just set differently from the get-go. Give your service dept a call and see what they tell you. If you're having this problem too, then I'd say it's more of a programming issue and KIA should do a recall for it and have their cars remapped with a better "sport" setting that doesn't give us the "zig zag/drunk driver weave" effect on the highway. JMHO.
My steering is overly responsive, so maybe it's set to max....

I'll check it out at the service center next week.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
My steering is overly responsive, so maybe it's set to max....

I'll check it out at the service center next week.
Ours is the same regarding the steering...

·
Registered
1,617 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Hey, look at this... for once no "SX envy" from the LX/EX crowd!! LMAO! J/k guys! ;-P
:spank::Squint: I still want the dammm front bumper though...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well I went to the dealer today, after waiting two hours they told me there wasn't an adjustment for the LX or EX. if anyone gets a different answer please let us know.

Michael

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've got an appointment tomorrow with Huffines Kia of McKinney. The excellent Service Advisor I talk to there knew exactly what I was talking about and that it only takes a few minutes. The other Kia dealership slightly closer to me? Not a clue...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
122 Posts
For those who find a dealer that knows about this, please try to find out the names of each setting and which one is the stock setting, as well as the differences between each setting. Thanks.

·
08/2013 ROTM
448 Posts
Well I went to the dealer today, after waiting two hours they told me there wasn't an adjustment for the LX or EX. if anyone gets a different answer please let us know.

Michael
My friend asked and they said the same thing...only SX/L

Good note for all you EX/LX guys they said EX/LX is already in comfort mode.

Which setting is best? Well depends whose driving. I going in shortly to try all 3.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm glad I am not the only one who is having that drunk driving experience on the highway! I told my dealer about what was happing and he had no idea what I was talking about, but I will be getting the setting set next week. Hopefully that helps. I can't stand the car wondering on the highway. My arm gets tired on long trips from all the corrections.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Okay I called the dealership I bought the car from and they had no clue what I was talking about. He said they wouldn't charge but it takes 10-15 minutes to download and get info from their GDS. So I called another KIA dealership by my work and the SA interrupted me and said he knows exactly what I'm talking about. There are 3 settings that the car ESP can be adjusted/changed to. So I went ahead and made an appt Monday since they make me feel more comfortable. I'll report back with how the car feels next week.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Try to get the names of the settings and what the differences are. Also, which one is the default setting. Thanks.

21 - 40 of 755 Posts
About this Discussion
754 Replies
224 Participants
1st timer
Kia Optima Forums
Optima Forums is the community to discuss the Kia Optima as well as custom Kias and all the accessories to personalize your Kia!
Full Forum Listing