Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 2015 Kia Optima lx. And I have been reading a lot about the sprint booster.
I’m thinking of adding this to my vehicle since it’s a simple plug and play, but not sure if any of you have it? if you do wondering what are your thoughts. Can you guys think of any fall back or potential damage to the vehicle if this is added..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
could you recommend other mods to help improve horsepower or torque on the 2015 lx 2.4?? all I have added to the engine is the AEM 3ing induction intake with a K&n Drop in filter into the OEM filter box

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,740 Posts
Hey Ever, while this product does not increase horsepower of the vehicle, it does make the vehicle a lot more fun to drive, as it cuts back the time it takes for the car to accelerate when pressing the gas pedal. While we do not sell the "Spring Booster" version, we do have an alternative version we do sell that works the same way.

While it is advertised for the Kia Stinger on our Stinger website, the product is the same for the Optima as well.

RaceChip XLR Throttle Response Controller - K8 Stinger Store

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello David, long time no talk!
I’d like the sprint booster because the unit itself is very small, and I like the fact that I can unplug The little unit and hide the cable and it will still retain the settings that I had adjusted,..
But I will definitely check out the unit you sale right now Thank you David!

·
Registered
2011 Kia Optima
3,610 Posts
Why spend money for something that isn't going to change hp, mileage, or do anything a little more pressure on the go pedal would do?
All these people looking for more get up and go on the n/a engine, there isn't anything, should have purchased a turbo car.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,740 Posts
Hello David, long time no talk!
I’d like the sprint booster because the unit itself is very small, and I like the fact that I can unplug The little unit and hide the cable and it will still retain the settings that I had adjusted,..
But I will definitely check out the unit you sale right now Thank you David!
Hi there, hope all is well with you. ;)

Welcome and this works the same way as well. Reach out with any questions, anytime.

Why spend money for something that isn't going to change hp, mileage, or do anything a little more pressure on the go pedal would do?
All these people looking for more get up and go on the n/a engine, there isn't anything, should have purchased a turbo car.
I mean how is it any difference then adding aftermarket emblems, Daytime Running Lights, Carbon Fiber Parts, etc?

It's simple, it's the small things in life. If you can make the car more enjoyable when driving it, by having better acceleration and enjoying the drive, why not?

That's the way I look at it. I spent $20k adding a body kit & wrap to my car that doesn't do anything but look cool, no other point really.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with David! I mean I just added a top of the line ceramic window tint film that ran me $1300.. did I need ceramic? Did I need to spend that much? No! No! Do I regret it no! Do I love it yes!.. and that is what matters! Probably no one could tell it ceramic, but I can and that is what matters. I know this mod does not add horsepower and I’m OK with that, just wanted to make sure that no one had bad experiences with it, if it makes my vehicle more enjoyable and I can have a bit more fun then why not!

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,740 Posts
I agree with David! I mean I just added a top of the line ceramic window tint film that ran me $1300.. did I need ceramic? Did I need to spend that much? No! No! Do I regret it no! Do I love it yes!.. and that is what matters! Probably no one could tell it ceramic, but I can and that is what matters. I know this mod does not add horsepower and I’m OK with that, just wanted to make sure that no one had bad experiences with it, if it makes my vehicle more enjoyable and I can have a bit more fun then why not!
Life is short, why not make the most out of it and do what makes you happy? That's the way I look at it. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.