Kia Optima Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've been trying for a few days to source some new plugs for my 2014 SX turbo, and the only place I can find a set is a Kia dealer who needs to special-order them in at $48 PER PLUG. No thanks, especially since they won't lube it up first! :lipsrsealed:

I've found that NGK's website(s) do not list a compatible plug for the SX-T. Yes the '1422' is rumoured to work, but I cannot find it in Canada at all, even on Amazon or on some dedicated specialty spark plug sites.
The Denso site has a few options (ZXU22HCR8 / 3501, and the IXUH22I / 5356), but I don't really like Denso plugs from past experience. However, at this point I'm willing to try and have found that maybe there's one or two that would work, but they're different heat range, and, they're spec'd for the American 2.0T and there may be a difference between that and the Korean/Canadian 2.0T (mine was built in Korea like all Canadian Optimas). It's a big gamble in case it does some damage to the engine!
I've found that the AutoLite XP5703 is supposed to work, but I can't find these in Canada, and in the USA across the border from me (where I can go pick them up) they're SUPER cheap at $5.99 USD/plug... almost makes me think they're junk if they can sell an iridium plug for that cheap. Any experiences with AutoLite XP line of plugs?

What are the other options I can run with in this engine and do you have any literature online to back that up? Even the Kia dealer said "I think the OEM's are DENSO but I'm not sure", so needless to say, I don't trust them to guide me here...

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2014 KIA Optima
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I ended up paying for shipping from Rockauto to Canada and still got 4 Denso 5356 plugs for cheaper, shipped, than one plug before tax at the dealer.
Needless to say, dealerships especially in Canada are a TOTAL RIPOFF.
They've got the market cornered though - I called many specialty stores and big name auto parts suppliers, and NOBODY could get any of the plugs for the SX-T.

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Well I ended up paying for shipping from Rockauto to Canada and still got 4 Denso 5356 plugs for cheaper, shipped, than one plug before tax at the dealer.
Needless to say, dealerships especially in Canada are a TOTAL RIPOFF.
They've got the market cornered though - I called many specialty stores and big name auto parts suppliers, and NOBODY could get any of the plugs for the SX-T.
That’s very odd because I got the NGK 1422 from a Canadian company for cheap and I for the life of me I can’t think of the company name. Sorry if I would have seen this thread I would have answer your question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Kia Optima
163 Posts
I gotta say...I agree with dealerships in Canada ripping us off for parts. Four rotors and pads for 950 plus HST. That’s not even installed. Purchased Raybestos all the way around for 325 taxes in! Wtf

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

I gotta say...I agree with dealerships in Canada ripping us off for parts. Four rotors and pads for 950 plus HST. That’s not even installed. Purchased Raybestos all the way around for 325 taxes in! Wtf

·
Registered
2013/2014 Optima 2013/2014 Kia Optima EX-Turbo
14 Posts
I got the NGK Plugs that K5 store sells from NAPA Auto here in Fredericton,NB for 90 dollars. They ordered them in from their warehouse and were here the next day.

·
Your K5 Optima Vendor
Tesla Model X P100D
28,819 Posts
Not trying to step on your toes, but guess people just don't do research-Amazon $39.75 free shipping.
You're not stepping on anyone's toes, but I don't understand what the point of your post is.

All of the members in this thread besides you & I are from Canada. That is literally what this entire thread is about, ordering spark plugs to Canada.

The "FREE SHIPPING" you are referring to and the price you are quoting on Amazon, is NOT for international customers, like the ones here in this thread.

Also, many times when ordering parts from eBay or Canada, you pay duty fees to accept those parts, if you live in Canada.

All of the spark plugs we ship are shipped with USPS, and therefore our customers in Canada, do not pay any extra fees to accept them.

This thread was never about finding the lowest priced place online ever to order the spark plugs, just a reliable source to order from in Canada is all. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts